• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Bye

tonybolton said:
Same stuff comes up 20 times a week...

1. Who's got a discount code....bout to order 3 dollars worth of parts.
2. Im bored...post picks of cars with 23% tread life left on right rear tire and with chin spoiler
3. No rush to sell....83 Blazer....10bolt....new motor mount from junkyard on drivers side, 10,000$ I know what I have.
4. XXXXXX is a piece of ****. Bought cold air intake from XXXXXX said it was like brand new....hose clamp showed it had been turned twice. Won't give my 30$ back.
5. How do you XXXX on our cars? "Google it"

:rolf:

Neal3000 said:
Lets talk about the succession of Viral Hardline "post-whores" over the years, and the reason's why they flamed out....

P- moved to kansas/?

TacomaJD- sold out

Kushcrawler- up in smoke

LowbudgetJunk- Fatally Asshurt

TonyBolton- current title holder

Not sure why he flamed out, but you forgot Patooyee , I sure do miss his tech

dwa2469 said:
Not sure why he flamed out, but you forgot Patooyee , I sure do miss his tech

In my opinion, JJ started basically mocking God in a thread that was made by a member here who was joyously sharing his new found religion.. and then when it blew up he tried to act like he was just curious and trying to learn. Towards the end he baited and trolled people from a position of intellectual superiority on multiple occasions.

muddinmetal said:
In my opinion, JJ started basically mocking God in a thread that was made by a member here who was joyously sharing his new found religion.. and then when it blew up he tried to act like he was just curious and trying to learn. Towards the end he baited and trolled people from a position of intellectual superiority on multiple occasions.
All joking aside, that is the most accurate description I've heard of that situation. Throw in the term "lynch mob" mentality and I would say it spot on.
I believe that the lack of progressively new tech will be the demise of this place.
These events have always been my biggest learning experience how things work on the inter web hierarchy. I have feelings on both sides of this. I do miss the tech

Re: Re: Bye

Neal3000 said:
Lets talk about the succession of Viral Hardline '"post-whores' over the years, and the reason'"s why they flamed out....

P- moved to kansas/?

TacomaJD- sold out

Kushcrawler- up in smoke

LowbudgetJunk- Fatally Asshurt

TonyBolton- current title holder
9c36d50cdcf7fa9f08f2329329a2b8cd.jpg

JJ left because of stuff that happened privately on here, although the religious mockery and all the other nonsense pretty much began his demise, I guess I'm one of the few that's glad he is gone.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Eddyj said:
I believe that the lack of progressively new tech will be the demise of this place.

I believe the tech has slowed down because there is only so many ways you build an offroad rig or buggy besides throwing more money at it with high tech stuff that is out of reach of most people on this forum. To me it's like saying your internet speed can be faster, if you hit the enter button and it's there, how much faster can you really make it??

Partially agree but things always progress ( SD60s phasing out old school 60s....) so there's always new tech needed.
Plus I just enjoy detailed build threads were you can steal the cool little things that someone else has done.

I know it has always been an issue on the internet when showing fab that people immediately pick it apart. I use to think the builder was just being overprotective of his creation but it's become more than that recently. I feel The builders don't post on here because no good can come of it. It's all negative.

xjcrawler said:
I believe the tech has slowed down because there is only so many ways you build an offroad rig or buggy besides throwing more money at it with high tech stuff that is out of reach of most people on this forum. To me it's like saying your internet speed can be faster, if you hit the enter button and it's there, how much faster can you really make it??

You could also be a newb like me, I have only been offroading for about 3 1/2 years and I do not know every possible way to build a rig or buggy like some of you.

muddinmetal said:

Well said! And he was a online asshole.

tonybolton said:
I just enjoy being out in the woods riding around trails. Nothing less, nothing more.

I agree, it doesn't matter who or what I'm riding with, just enjoy being out there.

True build threads where there is a beginning, middle and end; are still the best arena for tech sharing and idea swapping. I have always learned from good threads and enjoy sharing when I have one. Its ok to be picked apart, if your open minded enough to understand why the questions are being asked; and have the capability of overlooking the occasional troll.

I've never been afraid to put my work out there, and as much as I have researched and have confidence in my designs, there still may be that one question that helps you see a better way.

... and a TRUE build thread in my opinion is not 4 post long with 40 pics that capsulate the entire build. I always love seeing a reveal of new rigs in any capacity, but that particular style is not a build thread.

Never met Kel, but hope he stays well and in the sport, too many leaving everyday and we need as many warm bodies as possible to keep the trails open.

Sent from my SM-G925R4 using Tapatalk

mcutler said:
True build threads where there is a beginning, middle and end; are still the best arena for tech sharing and idea swapping. I have always learned from good threads and enjoy sharing when I have one. Its ok to be picked apart, if your open minded enough to understand why the questions are being asked; and have the capability of overlooking the occasional troll.

I've never been afraid to put my work out there, and as much as I have researched and have confidence in my designs, there still may be that one question that helps you see a better way.

... and a TRUE build thread in my opinion is not 4 post long with 40 pics that capsulate the entire build. I always love seeing a reveal of new rigs in any capacity, but that particular style is not a build thread.

Never met Kel, but hope he stays well and in the sport, too many leaving everyday and we need as many warm bodies as possible to keep the trails open.

The biggest problem there now is when Photobucket took a **** and the treads lost all their pics.

mcutler said:

You sir are a exception, probably the best fab/build thread I've ever seen.

Mcutler you are by far the exception to the normal. You do amazing detailed work and are well spoken.
I know many people who may or may not have pleasured themselves into socks over your build thread. Which is awesome.
However besides stealing a couple ideals for tabs and brackets I wasn't as infatuated with your thread as others because it's almost "too nice" for me. However you never know maybe one day I'll progress to something that isn't a POS. All builds are needed.
The low end, low money, figuring things out out of Necessity are the builds that I personally enjoy. Those are almost nonexistent.

I tried for a long time to like jj. I told myself it was just his personality but he was just a **** and thought he was smarter than everyone. Which may have been true but being a **** about it isnt the way to show it.

The jeep truck thing was amazing. That was one of the few builds i actually kept up with because i wanted to see what little detail was next.

Ed you ruined hardline for me when you convinced me to google blue waffle.