• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Cheap 14bolt steer axle

Rockwells607

My buddy is smokin ring and pinions in his lp60, he picked up a 14 bolt for 125$ and I'm gonna hack it up and use his 60 as a donar , the plan is 5:13 and his current yukon 35 splines ... Who makes a 35 spline spool or locker for a 14bolt and what seals can I use?

Thanks... I'll look them up, he doesn't drive like bobby tanner but he also isn't miss daisy... I figure he can grow into th axle if he starts breakin the Yukons he could add 300m rcv's

I emailed 40spline today and they said they never made any Cuz no one wanted them, but if 5 people wanted em they would run an order of them, they too thought it'd be a good product for the lineup of 14 bolt options ... If not I may modifie some dana 60 side gears and build
My own spool

watch the pinion offset on the 14b if you are trying to use D60 shafts.

It may be cheaper and stronger to just get new inner axles cut with 14b 30 spline at the diff.

You could always cut down the short side and get it re-splined, and just buy one new long side inner

Rockwells607 said:
There's a 2 piece front drive shaft, at this point the offset is pretty forgiveing

I gotcha.

according to the math, the pinion will be real close to/in front of the motor, assuming the motor is centered

but if your motor is up high enough, or far enough back, then it may clear

I'll take some measurements this weekend, it's all in the planning stage at this point, trying to figure out what parts are obtainable and what needs to be built and bought , good thread though thanks for the input, it's exactly what I need to know

get a grizzly from randys with 35 spline outers and machine the case halves, already done it myself , fairly easy.

Pm 865yota on here, he built his 14 front on the cheap by using all 60 stuff and still uses the 35 spline yukons

Thanks for the advice i pmd him, millerxc : are you talkin about machine the diff housing where the d60 locker would go or the diff chunk where the tubes go in it or the inner tube for the seals ?

Ultimately 40 spline rcv would be the way but that's not in the budget or plan at this point , I think I can build
A Stronger axle with what he has now for some time and alittle money.. That's the main objective , price and bang for the buck