• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Choc- Colter rolls on Violater

The good thing is that the buggy did exactly what it was designer meant for it to do- thumb.gif- ROLL BACK ON IT'S TIRES. Alot of other buggies because of their designs, would have skidded on their roofs, all the way down. He almost had it righted back up, but that is one STEEP HILL. Glad you are ok Colt thumb.gif

Them trees be my friend!!! It was a good time. Almost got her turned back over...
CHASMAN9 said:
The good thing is that the buggy did exactly what it was designer meant for it to do- thumb.gif- ROLL BACK ON IT'S TIRES. Alot of other buggies because of their designs, would have skidded on their roofs, all the way down. He almost had it righted back up, but that is one STEEP HILL. Glad you are ok Colt thumb.gif

Never looked at it from that standpoint! You're. Right! :dblthumb:

Chasman, no **** question here, but how do you build a buggy to roll back on it's tires? Just wondering, figured I may wanna use that on my next buggy. Not ****ing with ya, I really have no clue. drool

5BrothersFabrication said:
Chasman, no **** question here, but how do you build a buggy to roll back on it's tires? Just wondering, figured I may wanna use that on my next buggy. Not ****ing with ya, I really have no clue. drool

Take my Bruiser chassis for example, look at how the lower part of the chassis is squared up with the overhead tubing. IN my opinion, this creates a square box which is structurally safe and allows for more room, but does not allow for a continuous barrel roll. Per say, on a Jimmy Smith chassis, the overhead tubing is closer into the middle of the chassis creating more of a barrel affect. The wheels are still squared up and I have no answer for that, I have just noticed watching guys that are running these high speed running machines, that they seem to end up back on their tires, most of the time. My Bruiser is very square and would not respond like that. I watched Bobby Tanner in his Coleworx buggy run Balls Hill at Aetna this winter and he rolled on 5 differnet attempts, and LANDED ON HIS TIRES EVERYTIME. (Except when he landed on Mr. Bacon, lol) THAT"S CONFIDENCE IN HIS RIG. He is not afraid of rolling over and better than 75% of the time, he is back on his tires. This is just an example and my observation and no reference to which builder is better. .02

Thanks, Chasman. I kinda thought that, but wasn't sure. Mine is built square like yours, and I believe it's just gonna turtle every time. Better bring a case of oil and plugs! Here's mine:
228028_147314052008696_100001903051846_288916_2417982_n.jpg

My favorite years for Broncos, 78-79. I want some details on that thing when you're done. I was hotshit with my 78' and Mickey 39's and no top on during the summer, YEARS ago. (sorry, showing age right there) (insert; grandpa in a walker with stickies pic) molaugh

There is no video of us getting it back over but hear are a few pictures, We anchored my Jeep to a tree at the top so we could winch him up ,and then used a snatch block and colts winch to a tree beside him to get it back on the tires.

2011-05-21_10-47-05_661.jpg

The first thing was to use Colts winch to hold the buggy so he could get out safely.

2011-05-21_11-00-27_8.jpg

Once everyone was out and the buggy was anchored we used my winch and a big strap so we could get ready to pull him to the top, My 100 ft line was not long enough to reach.

2011-05-21_11-00-42_35.jpg

2011-05-21_11-00-14_503.jpg

The next step was to use Colts winch and a snatch block to the tree on the left of the buggy to get it back on its wheels, Once it was back rolling we where able to winch it over the top of the bigs ruts, add some oil and he drove it out.

GIZMO1 said:
Hear is a picture of the mark Colt left in the first tree the buggy hit, Colt is 6ft tall, BTW.. Notice the shirt :driving:

2011-05-21_11-14-11_428.jpg

Everytime I wear that shirt I roll my buggy. Im 2 for 2!

blacksheep10 said:
good thing jabnasty and I only wear our robbybobby shirts out to social events (where nobody in KS or TX has any ****ing idea who robbybobby is laughing1) I'd hate to roll my junk and ruin my favorite shirt all at once. :flipoff1:

I'll. Have to see if i can get another one. Has to be my favorite shirt as well!

monkey54 said:
So where's the video or story of gettin it turned back over.

Just about the time everybody is convinced that it rolled it's self back onto the tires.

Gizmo gives it away. ;D

IMAG0543.jpg

IMAG0544.jpg

HAH........my neihbors want ROBBY BOBBY T-shirts after seein mine :****:

You can really tell how STEEP that hill is in those pics, and that is RARE with pics of climbs ;D

RobbyBobby said:
that's weird man, sofar everytime i go out in mine i pork a new fat chick.......when i wear the shirt panties get dropped- BIBLE.

Yeah everytime I wear mine I get some crazy looks and questions. "who the hell is RoBbieBoBbie" they ask... i just laugh and tell them "if you knew it would'nt be as cool"... Thanks RobbieBobby for the shirt donation so I could outbid RickyB at Shamrock. I think the shirt having some stains gives character!!