• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Choc- Colter rolls on Violater

Budget YJ said:
Looks like you might need a better strap for your cooler :eek:

Is it just me or is the cooler driving in one of those pics :dunno:

it does look like a cooler! It is the back side of a Kirkey seat cover that came un-clipped...

The first time I wore my RobbyBobby shirt I went by my mother's house and she wanted to know who is that?? I told her simply "the most INTERESTING man in Alabama" :woody: :****:

blacksheep10 said:
Thread hijack.
Robby, you need to get on Pirate again and wreck someone's bling build thread again with trailer park tech. That was awesome.

Hell Yeah! Threads are like rules they need to be broken. It's all good fun. RobbieBobby is the king of hijack and I love em for it.

I do have to say... They have surprised the heck out of me. I had people telling me that I would have to cut them up, but I am very happy with they way they performed. the side walls are super tough as well! I have a 3 inch cut on sidewall of the ds front and it is still working great.

I tried to get a set for my buggy in the 44 size but never could get em.
They were back ordered at the time.
I like the look of them and all I have seen were hooked up. :dblthumb:

COLT said:
Told ya I wouldnt have to cut on em'!

I have said "there is nothing that cant be overcome with enough wheel speed" and you definitely have that on lock. :dblthumb:

CHASMAN9 said:
Take my Bruiser chassis for example, look at how the lower part of the chassis is squared up with the overhead tubing. IN my opinion, this creates a square box which is structurally safe and allows for more room, but does not allow for a continuous barrel roll. Per say, on a Jimmy Smith chassis, the overhead tubing is closer into the middle of the chassis creating more of a barrel affect. The wheels are still squared up and I have no answer for that, I have just noticed watching guys that are running these high speed running machines, that they seem to end up back on their tires, most of the time. My Bruiser is very square and would not respond like that. I watched Bobby Tanner in his Coleworx buggy run Balls Hill at Aetna this winter and he rolled on 5 differnet attempts, and LANDED ON HIS TIRES EVERYTIME. (Except when he landed on Mr. Bacon, lol) THAT"S CONFIDENCE IN HIS RIG. He is not afraid of rolling over and better than 75% of the time, he is back on his tires. This is just an example and my observation and no reference to which builder is better. .02

Couldn't one also argue that having a barrel shaped chassis would also cause the roll to continue, reducing momentum loss, and causing it to roll more than it otherwise would? I find it funny that you compare the chassis to a barell when we also refer to a roll where the rig goes over and over again as a "barrel roll." I would personally prefer to roll once and end up on my roof and have to recover than roll many times throwing parts and limbs off the vehicle and end up on my tires. :) Just playing devil's advocate ...

J. J.

your buggy sounded awsome going up the hill, I did the exact same thing a month ago , I was fortunate enough to catch the tree that you hit on top, no one knows that hole on top is that deep, again awsome video,keep the green color buggy kickin ;

plow boy said:
your buggy sounded awsome going up the hill,y I did the exact same thing a month ago , I was fortunate enough to catch the tree that you hit on top, no one knows that hole on top is that deep, again awsome video,keep the green color buggy kickin ;

Thanks PlowBoy! Hope to get to ride with yathis year. I love your "green" buggy too. Let er eat man! See ya on the trail and welcome to hardline...

The-Boss said:
I have said "there is nothing that cant be overcome with enough wheel speed" and you definitely have that on lock. :dblthumb:

I had another gear and she will hold third balls out! I am glad that I did not kick her into third. it would have probably been way worse. I built it for speed and am very happy with the wheel speed I came up with. I have learned that it can get away from ya quick if your not on the ball!! :driving:

patooyee said:
Couldn't one also argue that having a barrel shaped chassis would also cause the roll to continue, reducing momentum loss, and causing it to roll more than it otherwise would? I find it funny that you compare the chassis to a barell when we also refer to a roll where the rig goes over and over again as a "barrel roll." I would personally prefer to roll once and end up on my roof and have to recover than roll many times throwing parts and limbs off the vehicle and end up on my tires. :) Just playing devil's advocate ...

J. J.

You are exactly right on that side of the coin J.J. My thinking is that a rounded chassis rig has less resistance (barrel roll) and more possibility to correct itself using the 4 points of the tires/ wheels and suspension to absorb the impact and stop the rolling, whereas, a more square chassis has 4 sides to end up on with nothing to cushion to blow except steel tubing. I am not one to enjoy a good roll by any means, other than watching one successfully done. Through what I have watched, is that the people who run these chassis know they have a greater chance of rolling over and would rather take a chance at one more roll and possibly ending up on all fours and drive it out. Honestly, these are just my observations and do not have any real answers. :dunno: Maybe some of the chassis designers could chime in and tell us their method behind there madness. thumb.gif

RobbyBobby said:
i build my **** to just fly all to pieces when i roll, energy disperfortation theory baby

Colt- hit me up when you need a new shirt dawg thumb.gif

So it was YOU that designed the F-14 fighter plane breakaway fuselage then. Fawkin geenuss RobbyBobby. molaugh

RobbyBobby said:
i build my **** to just fly all to pieces when i roll, energy disperfortation theory baby

Colt- hit me up when you need a new shirt dawg thumb.gif

I am going to try to keep wheeling this shirt. i threw a bottle of superclean in the wash macine with it and BAM!!! Gotter done. Still has some oil stains from the oil falling out the motor on me while I was rolled over, but that just adds character. i will hit ya up soon though. My wife don't like when I wear it cause crazy upside down **** happens! Shes like" ol damn" he has his robbiebobbie shirt on... "somebody get a video camera cause yall bout to see some action" You must have rubbed some robbiebobbie trailer park dust on it before you shipped them out... I am going to attempt to wear it this weekend at Boggs and Boulders and see if I can keep the shiny side up. I rolled it 10 minutes off the trailer last time at Boggs, and yes the shirt was being worn. Wish me luck!

Latest posts