• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

CHOC - Showtime vs. Violator - February 20, 2016

lowbudgetjunk said:
Videos or it didn't happen :stir: :flipoff1:

I think andy got it on his phone, I'm sure someone will upload it soon. Alot of great action today including the last run up showtime. Choccolocco never disappoints! Picturesque Appalachian riding and always a great time. I'll upload a link to a drone flyover of the park tomorrow :drinkers:

Richie and Wes killed it. Period. No questions in my mind. Big Bubba Bacon hade some back to back great runs. Awesome event for sure

I know safety of the drivers is a huge concern, but spectators and safety crew have to be careful too. With limited visibility, he could have just plowed over 3 folks that got in the way. I'm not saying that they didn't need to get there to check on him, but reckless abandon running at someone with an engine still running is not going to bode well for the person running. You could hurt yourself running crazy style or get run over. Either one is going to make the driver feel awful. Look back on the video and see how close (to me at least) to some of y'all ninjas straight getting run over. I'm not bashing at all, just wanting you guys to be safe for the next time out. I am happy for the first responders checking on the driver and ready to put out fires and/or get the driver out. Please be careful though and post up some more videos. I was chopping wood today and didn't have the chance to come out and see the show. :dblthumb:

lowbudgetjunk said:
I know safety of the drivers is a huge concern, but spectators and safety crew have to be careful too. With limited visibility, he could have just plowed over 3 folks that got in the way. I'm not saying that they didn't need to get there to check on him, but reckless abandon running at someone with an engine still running is not going to bode well for the person running. You could hurt yourself running crazy style or get run over. Either one is going to make the driver feel awful. Look back on the video and see how close (to me at least) to some of y'all ninjas straight getting run over. I'm not bashing at all, just wanting you guys to be safe for the next time out. I am happy for the first responders checking on the driver and ready to put out fires and/or get the driver out. Please be careful though and post up some more videos. I was chopping wood today and didn't have the chance to come out and see the show. :dblthumb:

KelI got tons of video. Just can't upload till Monday at the free wifi

Someone is going to get killed at one of these events, nice guy or not he should have stopped and got his bearings after a roll like that, maybe those kill switches aren't abad idea after all because I certainly would have hit it when he started rolling.

Kill switch wouldn't do **** for that roll... tell the people to stay back for a few more seconds. Kill the engine, lose breaks, steering, and the gas pedal.

Now if he was knocked out and foot slammed on the gas, that's a time to use the kill switch

Elliott said:
Someone is going to get killed at one of these events, nice guy or not he should have stopped and got his bearings after a roll like that, maybe those kill switches aren't abad idea after all because I certainly would have hit it when he started rolling.
x2 This isn't the 1st time we have seen this. 2nd time I have seen it from Plowboy. I fully understand that the adrenaline is thru the roof for these guys but that's no reason for someone to end up getting hurt. The biggest disappointment is going to be when 1 of these drivers realize that not only did they hurt someone but that someone was probably a friend.

dynajeep said:
Kill switch wouldn't do **** for that roll... tell the people to stay back for a few more seconds. Kill the engine, lose breaks, steering, and the gas pedal.

Now if he was knocked out and foot slammed on the gas, that's a time to use the kill switch
Your right it wouldn't do **** for the roll. Pretty sure Elliott's comment was that after he was on his wheels and the crew was running up to see if he was OK that he hits the gas almost taking a guy out. That thing should have been killed right there.... Then he could figure out which way was up before he hit the gas again.

LandSpeeder said:
Great meeting you Bebop!

The trick to posting youtubes videos is taking the s outta https... and it'll show up like this instead...

Thanks for the tip, it was awesome meeting you too.

See you next week @ HPO ;)

Yes as spectators and friends and recovery we sometimes get a tad jumpy. Not the drivers fault. We are responsible for our own actions. Please keep one thing in mind we are all learning from videos nowadays. Back when videos of this sport and pictures have come along way. We are.learning from what is being captured on film. Just my 2 cents like it or not. And yes I was personally right ****ing there.