• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

CHOC - Sign Making Party Weekend - April 10-12, 2015

Re: CHOC - Any Support For A Sign Making Party?

I would like to try and make it also, Maybe for the signs at the top of a climb the lettering could be RED.

Wow, Thankyou HARDLINE Family!!!! :dblthumb:

I know the sign,map thing has been a problem since we started. We have been more concerned with keepin park open, over state govmit control. We have some of the same steep terrain as tellico and I personally grew up wheelin there. I spend a lot of my time trying to keep the water situwation under control to keep park open. I personally LOVE to wheel, I go to every park I get a chance to visit, but I never knew how much work it was till I started one. I Have really wanted to get the trail sign thing under control for a while but its nearly over whelming for a one man army. A lot of are locals and regulars know the names of the trails better than I Do. This is a great way to get the park improved for a lot of visitors. Once the park is signed correctly it can be mapped correctly. There are a lot of roads that need names and some road names that need changed! This sign party would be an awesome way to help me and this park! :dblthumb: :dblthumb: :dblthumb:

APRIL 11

This would be a great time to get together to do this :dblthumb: Any help or insite in organizing such an event would be helpful.

This will be a open ride weekend to HARDLINE CRAWLER viewers at free of charge who are willing to attend to help out. I will provide all materials needed, just need help organizing.

THANK YOU,

Trey

Re: Re: CHOC - Any Support For A Sign Making Party?

JohnG said:
I just did a pretty detailed look at the map and intersections. I came up with 252 signs. Including 13 trails that are unnamed on the map. Wow, huge task.

If 10 signs out of 16' board, then 25 1x4's. I am thinking about doing this April 10th to 12th. Can't do it when too cold, or it will take them forever to dry. This is two weeks after the Grayrock SRRS Race. And two weeks before the HPO Mash Yur Motor Bash. The only conflict on calendar is "AOP - ACS - The Ultimate". I could go up on Wednesday April 8th and paint the white on Wednesday and Thursday.
Sounds like excellent dates to me, I am definitely in for this. Trey is good people and has done a lot to keep Chocc top notch. Sounds like a great time to me! Should have no issue acquiring enough help to tackle this task.

Main thing I want to add is to hang the fawking signs in a way that faces drivers when they are on the trails. Easy to spot! Fawking hate when signs are half ass cocked sideways and **** and you damn near have to get out and walk up to it or go ahead and start down the trail to see what the damn sign says. I know some spots are tougher than others to mark, but I've seen some shitty efforts at other parks. If yer gonna do it, do it right! Good deal here, for the park and the wheelers.

Me an the family would love to help out.

This is a little for out for me to set in stone but we would love to come hang out and give Trey a hand. :drinkers:

Re: Re: CHOC - Any Support For A Sign Making Party?

TacomaJD said:
Main thing I want to add is to hang the fawking signs in a way that faces drivers when they are on the trails. Easy to spot! Fawking hate when signs are half ass cocked sideways and **** and you damn near have to get out and walk up to it or go ahead and start down the trail to see what the damn sign says. I know some spots are tougher than others to mark, but I've seen some shitty efforts at other parks. If yer gonna do it, do it right! Good deal here, for the park and the wheelers.

Completely agree, many trees at intersections will have two signs, one for each trail. Trey, on signs that have been taken down in the past, how has it been done so we can make them more tamperproof.

Pulling off over nail heads leaving nails in tree - Use big headed screw or washers to transfer the load.
Removing nail with hammer or backing screws out, leaving no evidence on tree - Using 3" deck screws will deter backing them out with a screwdriver.

Also using square headed screws will lessen the chance on someone having the proper removal tool with them.

I hate to stereotype, but they need be higher than someone standing on top of a RZR cage.

Since we will be all over the park and out of vehicles, it will also be a great day to pick up trash. We will see that every riding has a bag.

Book the weekend, this is going down.

The square bit screws sound like a good idea. I'll brang my 18v cordless drill with extra batteries. Whoever buys the screws needs to make sure to get several extra square bits to accommodate plenty of drills.

We used 3" squared drive deck screws in the signs at GMP.

No one steals them.

But GMP is not gayzer territory and we ain't in Alabama either :stir:

TBItoy said:
We used 3" squared drive deck screws in the signs at GMP.

No one steals them.

But GMP is not gayzer territory and we ain't in Alabama either :stir:

Looked today. Think exterior cabinet screws are the way to go.

gold-cabinet-screws.jpg

As far as the square drive screws your probably going to have to go to a mobile home supply to get those! My trailer house has those!

al1tonyota said:
As far as the square drive screws your probably going to have to go to a mobile home supply to get those! My trailer house has those!

so does my motor-house. very common for houses with wheels