• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

CHOC - Sign Making Party Weekend - April 10-12, 2015

me and the family are in. i have plenty of power tools i can bring for others to use if needed.

Re:

This is awesome. I wish I lived 525 miles closer! Id be be down to help out for sure. I was there last weekend and the signs are definitely showing their age! I started naming trails and making signs for the only orv park we have here in Fla (because they had none) and its quite a task to make them look good and paint each individual sign. If I can get away for a couple days id be in for another ride in couple months.

Re:

cumminsontherocks said:
I started naming trails and making signs for the only orv park we have here in Fla (because they had none) and its quite a task to make them look good and paint each individual sign..

I wondered who was making the signs. I've been riding there since about 2009 and only knew a couple trails by name. Slick Rock used to be called Iguana Hill, and I think Roller Coaster was probably the only other named trail that I knew of.

It sure makes it easier when the trails/obstacles are named. I really like the trail maps at Windsock because they give you the name, difficulty level and length of the trail.

Count me in....!!! The last time I made em I used 1x4 cedar painted white which will last forever especially since most of them have disappeared and are in a dry garage somewhere!! :****:

bjs92toy said:
Count me in....!!! The last time I made em I used 1x4 cedar painted white which will last forever especially since most of them have disappeared and are in a dry garage somewhere!! :****:

Great, cause you know the park better than most. Going to be a good time.

bjs92toy said:
Bout how many signs you thinking??

I have looked at the map and marked all the signs I think will be needed. It came to 252. Could be more of less depending if the intersections are visible from other signs. Example, Scenic View needs several signs, but probably not at every intersection. I have not added any "To Camp" signs and 15-20 of those will be needed too. Large task for sure. But with the commitment of Hardline behind the effort, we can get it done and have a lot of fun.

I can prob come up with bout 100 1x4x20 cedar planks painted white... Cut bout 50 with point on one end and 50 with points on both ends for crossroads. :dunno:

never been to choc always wanted to and this seems like a good time to go and lend a hand. as long as work doesn't get in the way count me in and I have a good deal of power tools too. be good to actually meet some hardliners and :drinkers: while helping out

Just so you don't feel left out Stephen I bought some edible crayons so you can help fill out trail names and I know there aren't many trails less than 5 letters so I got you your favorite Frozen coloring book!! :stir: drool

I'll be there. Been to Choc several times and this is badly needed. Be nice to finally put some faces with hardline names too. I've got a 16x30 propane grill I can bring to cook up some lunch on.