• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Chris's toy (Sandtrap1986)

I got a bunch of the motor wiring finished up and as far as I can go for now.

chris-76.jpg

chris-77.jpg

Here is the cooling fan control switch I had Chris order. Its 195 on 185 off.

chris-78.jpg

Here is a little fitment issue I ran across when I was going to install the switch. I ended up just pulling the dipstick tube out for now.

chris-79.jpg

So here is where I came across the first OOPS.

These headers are for a standard 4.3 and not the Vortec version. As you can see there is a problem with the flange hitting the sensor.

chris-80.jpg

On the vortec version this notch is on the top.

chris-81.jpg

So next I am going into the cab to work.

There are times Mike when I fell im overly anal about wiring, but you my friend take the cake.

Looks cleaner than factory buddy :awesomework:

There are times Mike when I fell im overly anal about wiring, but you my friend take the cake.

This is the reason I wanted mike to do my swap I didn't want shitty wires coming back to bite me later.....your work is awesome mike I can't wait till its done :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::beer::beer:

Allot that I have learned on my technique comes from many years of workin on chevs... :awesomework:

Gotta send the headers back huh ? I know I told them 99 anything else?

99' should have been right since thats the correct year for a vortec....

So I only had a few hours to spend today and went right for the cab. After I unloaded a fully packed cab with stuff here is some of the aftermath..

chris-82.jpg

I didn't realize but the OEM engine harness was in there which is perfect since I needed a few things off it like the temp/oil pressure sensor connectors. One thing I have tried to do in the past was retain the factory dash harness where the engine harness connects and we got lucky and the connectors were still on the harness. This way if the dash harness ever needs pulled it can easily be done.

chris-83.jpg

Since I was going to be spending some time in the cab I decided to vacuum it all up.

chris-84.jpg

One thing Chris had asked for me to do was correct all of the dash wiring--and let me tell ya its a MESS. I am going to return it to a virgin status so anything Chris decides to do down the road he won't have any problems to deal with (for the most part). But you can simply say HACK JOB!!!!

chris-85.jpg

chris-86.jpg

I also found this in the cab and measured it and its smaller than mine so it will fit.

chris-87.jpg

Battery got it. I will have to come up and grab those headers and drop off the parts I have plus a battery Tuesday work for you?

Battery got it. I will have to come up and grab those headers and drop off the parts I have plus a battery Tuesday work for you?

Works for me....

Heading north in the Am and on the way back I gotta reload on my stainless button heads :awesomework:

Just talked to the header guys ....said that is the right header for the vortex and you we will just have to clearance it if there is a sensor

Just talked to the header guys ....said that is the right header for the vortex and you we will just have to clearance it if there is a sensor

No problem--I can do that. Seems VERY silly to build something thats truely "not right". I have even seens pics where the plate is indeed correct...

Ok I got all of the crap cut out and pulled out--time to do the repair work.

Here is at the harness to the ignition switch...

chris-88.jpg

I ended up rebuilding a good portion of the harness all the way to the terminals--it was a MESS..

chris-89.jpg

Latest posts