• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Coal Creek OHV

I don't night-ride either. Don't even plan on staying long, really. I'll be staying in a cabin nearby and figure it would be a shame to be so close and not wheel. Would just show up for a day or two and head back to the cabin at night.

Re: Re: Coal Creek OHV

tonybolton said:
Hell...im usually there every weekend. Gimme a heads up, we'll hit a few trails.

Thanks, let me congeal my plans and I'll PM you.

Windrock isn't a "park" like you normally think of... It's more like an "area" that you have to buy a access pass from the Coal Creek Company.

If you show up during the day, there is a shack that sells passes and maps.

Most of the good rock crawling trails that you would be interested in are relatively near the parking area, and have names that are listed on the map.

Little Mule, Rattle Rock, Little Rattle Rock, Little School Bus, Cadillac Hill, Rail Trail

TBItoy said:
If you show up during the day, there is a shack that sells passes and maps.

Is this something where if you show up after business hours you just don't pay / don't get a map or you don't get in at all?

You can also buy passes at some convenient store jus before you get there. There is a map posted at the trail head.

Best advice is to go with someone that knows where the **** theyre going.

Long story short...if you have a pass...you can ride.

patooyee said:
Is this something where if you show up after business hours you just don't pay / don't get a map or you don't get in at all?

Well technically there is "no night riding", but we've got there at night and went riding, then just bought a pass in the morning, or, many of the local gas stations have passes

You can get maps online, just google search

Thanks ya'll, windrock is somewhere I've always wanted to go but i decided it would just take too much time away from the family aspect of the vacation. The buggy stays home this time. I look forward to dedicating some time for it in the future. I've still got another week of vacation to burn before 2013 ...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Ran some trails there this weekend....had some fun and delivered a knuckle to a buggy 1/4 way up rattle rock.

http://www.knoxoffroad.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2723

huvesahy.jpg

Yup...thats Matt. He's a pretty cool guy. He came to my rescue a few months back when my old **** died and fell over in that rut on 15.....i was jus returnin' a favor! ;D

Broke the steering arm off the top i believe. Scott Cox had some xtra knuckles jus layin around and broughtem to the parking lot for me.

I am local to Windrock. If anyone is heading this way, holler. I am sure we can show you around. Also Check out TN MTN JUNKIES Off Road Club on facebook, should be a few pics since thats where we normally wheel.

This was last weekend:
Wes @ windrock

Jus got done watchin those vids. That lil hill before Cadillac is gettin nasty(from the perspective of a 35"tire guy)

I just wanna know why nobody ever gets me on film?? Peanut good to meet ya and y'all are welcome to ride with us anytime!!

Lemme ride(slow you down) and youll be on video. ;D

Did u guys go run Rail Trail after this hill? If so...was it a bitch?

no we just hit 39, end of 3, 15, little mule, little rattle rock...hopefully we get some get vids from the toy run...If all goes well id love to run 15, little mule, stair steps, 39, rail trail, 3, and end it all on rattle rock!!

Be careful if you own a rzr,my trailor w/my brand new rzr was stolen at a hotel in town.I'm still pissed don't know if I'll ever go back!i :****: :'(

H-Town Wheeler said:
Be careful if you own a rzr,my trailor w/my brand new rzr was stolen at a hotel in town.I'm still pissed don't know if I'll ever go back!i :****: :'(
Man that sucks..maybe some of the locals on this board will catch wind of it and find the pos that stole it!!