• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Cole and Neal's September Slam pics.

3 tons o fun

Cole pisses haterade
I got up this morning and was pumped a perfect day for riding. Cole swings by and picks me up about 6:45. We went ahead and loaded everything lastnight. I even aired down so all we'd have to do is unload and go once we got to GR. So, We stop by the store for snacks and beer. I get the cooler loaded and the beer iced down and we are off!! About a half mile from the interstate we hear a weird noise. I thought it was the trailer coming off for a second. I looked at Cole and asked "What was that noise?". He said he didn't hear anything. Then he looked down trying to figure out why he was pressing the gas and it was going anywhere. Then he said "Hmmmm the check engine light is on." By this time we are pulling over and the motor is sounding like and old 12 valve Cummings. We get out and look under the hood. I might as well been staring at a human brain. I have no idea on where to start troubleshooting a diesel. We stand around a minute and I find a bag from the movie store and get excited cause it looks like it has some movies in it . Crap , Just 2 empty blank cases. Any who. Cole decides to hook up his programmer to see what codes it may throw. It came back with "Injector Curcit". So he called a buddy and the guy says its in the harness. We can't leave the truck cause he has a Brand new set of tire in the back. He calls Daniel no answer. Hmmmm??? HELL WE GOT A TRUCK ON THE TRAILER!!!

The problem:
hrdln078.jpg

Troubleshooting: (I think that's Blue Steel)
hrdln077.jpg

The solution:
hrdln079.jpg

The tow to Daniel's house. When we got there Cole told me we were running 60mph. loller.gif
hrdln080.jpg

OK. So we are at Daniel's. Hell he isn't even up yet. We mess around a bit. He finally gets up and comes outside and listens to the truck. He laughs of course. So he goes in and gets ready for work. Cole and I unload the tires. I jam the hell out of my finger from a bouncing tire. It's 8:15 we should be at GR now and I should have a beer now. So I pop open a cool one while standing around figuring out what Cole wants to do. So we decide the only thing to do is take it to the dealership. Me towing Cole and Daniel will get the trailer back to T-Sup. We head out in a flashers on convoy. Traffic is a little heavy since it's a home game. I'm taking it easy since I believe Cole was scared from the previous tow. Traffic is backing up behind us and I get a text from Daniel "Let's go". So I hammer down to get to the dealership.

Tow to the dealership (courtesy of Daniel's phone.)
Photo01831.jpg

Now we are pulling into the dealership. The sales people are looking at me like what hell is that .

We are here. This is far as we could get Cole's truck pulled up with the strap.
hrdln081.jpg

What Cole is going to need in the next few days:
hrdln084.jpg

Dear Mr. Serviceman, Please fix my truck it is broken and I am sad. :
hrdln083.jpg

THE END
hrdln085.jpg

Thats awesome. Great Documentary, it made it so much easier to explain to my mom what happened. I am more pissed about not getting to go riding than I am about the truck. Sorry my truck decided to take a **** on us today. Now all we gotta do is talk Daniel into going to the mud races. :popcorn:

That totally blows. I know my truck is 'so reliable" and for once I am going to plan a trip to Harlan or somewhere and it will **** up, I always have the feeling. You still got to play with the burb though. And be glad yall didnt drive from Florida and break down in B ham, that would suck. Suck on newer junk, cause you cannot do **** if its in the computer or wiring, and they dont stock anything for duramaxes at the parts stores. I would like to see the faces of the guys at Barkely, hell they eye ****ed me when I would go get parts and pull up in a chevy!

Looks like ya'll had a good time. At least you didn't break anyhting an you rig that is.

Cole said:
Thats awesome. Great Documentary, it made it so much easier to explain to my mom what happened. I am more pissed about not getting to go riding than I am about the truck. Sorry my truck decided to take a **** on us today. Now all we gotta do is talk Daniel into going to the mud races. :popcorn:

Mud races for shure. Got a phone call and the truck me and dad built is gona be there.

Cole I got your text but the phone was acting up. Sucks about the truck. All your hot rodding finally caught up with you! :flipoff1:

Matt O. said:
Cole I got your text but the phone was acting up. Sucks about the truck. All your hot rodding finally caught up with you! :flipoff1:

I know, I know

I think your too easy on it. Mine passed yours with mileage on it. My tranny is still good, Hoooked 12K to her the other day Level 3 160HP, 1500 EGTS up the hill son molaugh You gotta "clean" the injectors somehow.

Marty said:
I think your too easy on it.

HAHA, you know better than that. Hell on level 2 my transmission is hating life. I forsee a suncoast in the next few months. Talk to your buddy, I need a hook up

Haha, I am sure your ready, But they hold up way better than I thought. Mine is pushin 55K and it still hooks up awesome, and I dont slow down to tow, which is terrible for one

Things like that always happen at the most opportune time. Mine crapped out on 280 in 5:00 traffic. I assume it is the #2 or #7 Injector harness. Take a look at this tread.

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142114

Even if you let the dealer handle it this time, it still might be worth printing out for future reference.
Buying a cheap scanner might be the only expense necessary. If the dealer replaces the harness, it will run you about $350-$400 I think.

SWERVIN said:
Things like that always happen at the most opportune time. Mine crapped out on 280 in 5:00 traffic. I assume it is the #2 or #7 Injector harness. Take a look at this tread.

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142114

Even if you let the dealer handle it this time, it still might be worth printing out for future reference.
Buying a cheap scanner might be the only expense necessary. If the dealer replaces the harness, it will run you about $350-$400 I think.

Yeah I am sure it is the #2, #5, and #8 injectors, because thats the codes it through. At least thats what my programmer showed. I have been reading alot on Dieselplace about this problem. I am going to let the dealer deal with it this time, because my motor has 100k mile warranty and I only have 65k miles on it. Hell they just replaced the #4 injector a few months ago. I am going to buy an Ice pick and print that info out about what to do, incase it happens again when I am on the road.

That is exactly what I did. I figured the $100 deducable for the extended warranty was money well spent. Mine was only #7, but I have an icepick and the instructions printed out just in case. I was sure it would crap out on our trip to hotsprings last weekend but it didn't. May happen again tomorrow or never....

Good luck with it.

SWERVIN said:
That is exactly what I did. I figured the $100 deducable for the extended warranty was money well spent. Mine was only #7, but I have an icepick and the instructions printed out just in case. I was sure it would crap out on our trip to hotsprings last weekend but it didn't. May happen again tomorrow or never....

Good luck with it.

Cool glad to know they covered it for you., How many miles do you have on yours?

Cole all that **** went down on my '02 at 66k. When they go into your harness, and injectors, get 'em to replace them, and up your motor warranty to the 200k. My and soon to be Miles's truck is bueno to 200k now and has 125k on it.