• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Cole and Neal's September Slam pics.

InDaShop said:
Cole all that **** went down on my '02 at 66k. When they go into your harness, and injectors, get 'em to replace them, and up your motor warranty to the 200k. My and soon to be Miles's truck is bueno to 200k now and has 125k on it.

What did it cost you to up your warranty to 200k? How did you get them to replace it all?

Cole, I didn't do anything. Was going down the rode, and **** just stopped running right, coasted, idled like a mile to my father-in-laws. Called dealership next AM, and they sent a wrecker for it. Warrantied the thing, and told me because of the failure the engine is now under warrenty to 200k. I didn't do a thing aside from sign some paperwork. :dunno: and it was at the crook of all stealerships Bill Heard.

Cole said:
How many miles do you have on yours?

I only had 50K on it when it happened. I've put 6k on it since then. I didn't know at the time that it should be covered under the manufacturer's warranty. Oh Well. Live and learn.

Well went by the Dealership this morning and it looks like it is the Harness which I already figured. Also they said one of my glow plugs is bad. Hell I didn't think the new diesels had glow plugs. They also said I had some EGR codes, which they blamed on my After market exhaust. I argued with them that it wasn't the cause of it but they said they would take care of it. It was throwing those codes because I keep it unplugged because I don't want that garbage running through my motor. I didn't tell them that just let them think what they want to.
For some reason when my truck messed up the other day my fuel gauge started showing empty but I had a full tank of fuel. They don't know what is causing that and neither do I.

Hopefully they will have it fixed in the next few days.

Hope you get it all taken care of.

Not that you care, but the latest saga on mine is the speedometer is screwed. It may read 50 when I'm running 70 or 30 when I'm dead still. Luckily I have an edge w/ the attitude monitor that gives me the correct speed. I don't think my build date falls under the recal.... I'm sure I'll get the shaft on that too.

Glad they are going to fix it. As for your EGR, leave it plugged in or blocked. If you unplug it, you have to wait 24 hours without running it, b/c the valve is closed when cold. But even if you did that, when you make over a certain amount of boost, it can suck it back open regaurdless of it being plugged in or not.

Marty said:
Glad they are going to fix it. As for your EGR, leave it plugged in or blocked. If you unplug it, you have to wait 24 hours without running it, b/c the valve is closed when cold. But even if you did that, when you make over a certain amount of boost, it can suck it back open regaurdless of it being plugged in or not.

Oh ok, I didn't know that. I just thought as long as I unplugged it when it was cold it would be ok. I will just leave it plugged in from know on. I am losing faith in my D-Max, almost tempted to go and price a new truck.

Cole said:
Oh ok, I didn't know that. I just thought as long as I unplugged it when it was cold it would be ok. I will just leave it plugged in from know on. I am losing faith in my D-Max, almost tempted to go and price a new truck.

Don't do it. Your truck has tons of life left

Cole said:
Mine got out of the shop mon. then yesterday the damn driver side window wont roll back up, I wish it would catch on fire. :mad:

hah, they all have problems, And after having friends with all three, My buddies 02 LB7 he bought used is still going, 210K on the clock, pulled 15K with it weekly, been to the strip a lot of times, had all kinds of different chips, water alcohol, etc, still going strong. I still feel the Dmaxs are more reliable that the other two. but a 24 valve 5.9 cummins is a good motor, but the truck around it and the tranny are ****.

Marty said:
I still feel the Dmaxs are more reliable that the other two. but a 24 valve 5.9 cummins is a good motor, but the truck around it and the tranny are ****.

All stock trannies suck :spin:

I cant believe the new LBZ that I have in the 07 has SO MUCH MORE power than the 02 LB7 :dunno: I mean the LB7 with a 90hp programmer is a turd compared to this new truck stock. And I thought the LB7 FLEW!