• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Cooper stt pro Vs Kevlar mtr

mediumjim

I'd like to know which one is the best for the south. There's several reviews on both tires but I might as well be watching a commercial. Only reviews I've really seen are from someone trying to get a sponsor and a free set of tires seems like.

I've ran both. The coolers are smoother and quieter. The MTR absolutely has a tougher sidewall. The cooper seemed a little softer and more sticky.

True story. I run the coopers. I've had great luck with them.
cce20d641f84a0684842c742c1b57ac7.jpg

creepycrawly said:
I've ran both. The coolers are smoother and quieter. The MTR absolutely has a tougher sidewall. The cooper seemed a little softer and more sticky.

See Travis, I told you they were stickies.

I had some original Cooper STT m/t's and also a set of Cooper S/T a/t's and both were awesome tires that wore very well. The ST a/t's were great but were bad about picking up rocks and slinging them at your quarter panels after you reached highway speeds. If it were me, I'd opt for the Coopers. Have Cooper tires on my Malibu. I've never been much of a Goodyear man. Just my $0.02

Not sure what size you're looking for. But my Cooper stt's will be for sale around New Years. 33x12.50r15. Less than 1k miles. On 15x8 rock crawlers.

Bebop said:
DGAF driving style is where it's at !

First time I met you Luke, I told Patrick and Erica about the same thing (I don't think he cares too much, he seems like he'd just beat on it until he gets up something). I like the way Enzo put it much better.

It's like a magic set of stickies.

You make it or you break it. But either way, it's always impressive :D

The Luke said:
I should have that as a tattoo.

Do iiiiiiiiiiiiit :wtflol:

Man, that's why I'm out there. I didn't haul that turd out to the woods to look at the pile of rocks. I did it to drive over them.....with style. I do generally go easy ish on it the first half of the day. But the second half is WFO. The RPM gauge is like my happy meter. Haha

Speaking of which, it's been a minute since I've done donuts in something. I got the itch! Where's TonyB's mustang at?

The Luke said:
Man, that's why I'm out there. I didn't haul that turd out to the woods to look at the pile of rocks. I did it to drive over them.....with style. I do generally go easy ish on it the first half of the day. But the second half is WFO. The RPM gauge is like my happy meter. Haha

Speaking of which, it's been a minute since I've done donuts in something. I got the itch! Where's TonyB's mustang at?
Hopefully at the scrap yard

The Luke said:
Not sure what size you're looking for. But my Cooper stt's will be for sale around New Years. 33x12.50r15. Less than 1k miles. On 15x8 rock crawlers.

I maybe hollering at you then. Depending on how much money I have left over from Christmas.

Which one is more true to size and which one is taller out of the two? I'm used to running bias swampers for ever but wanted a tire better on the highway and got a set of km2's. They go good but their a lot shorter than a swamper and I understand the other two won't be as tall either but I'd like to have something close.

mediumjim said:
Which one is more true to size and which one is taller out of the two?

Only info I can give you about being true to size is a 37x12.50 MTR is the same height as my 35x12.50 ProComp's.