• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dana 60 high steer for the dumb

87_bigbadzuk

Bought a chevy 60 off my dad a while back and forgot that it had high steer arms on it from the previous owner. So it's missing the dang caps. I found dimensions as I have access for free to machine them out. Turns put I habe no knowledge on a 60 kingpin. The plans look like they just slip over the stock cap which I don't have either. So which was should I make these? Should I buy stock caps or should I do springless? If springless what size is the set screw so I can drill and tap hole? I imagine since it's been sitting in the weather with no caps since my dad is a dumba$$ I will have to rebuild them anyways.

My plan is full hydro. I still haven't decided if I'm going to run a se or de ram yet though. Still planning on that.

I am one of the folks running them, I have Zero complaints.
cca7f35829d4dcc78755a9db8d8acf4e.jpg

Re: Re: Dana 60 high steer for the dumb

Rjhoward32006 said:
Have you had an issue with them? I know a couple people running them with no issues
pholman was one of 5 or 6 I've seen with ordering issues.

The arms themselves probably no issues, only getting the arms. That's why I said check first

Think I have it all figured out. Going to run a de ram and make springless setup. I'll have about 40$ in it. Lot cheaper than buying. Not easier by any means but ohwell I can say I built it and not bought it.

Re: Re: Re: Dana 60 high steer for the dumb

Rokcrler said:
pholman was one of 5 or 6 I've seen with ordering issues.

The arms themselves probably no issues, only getting the arms. That's why I said check first
Maybe I was lucky, I had mine in a couple of days, pretty sure Jduck got his pretty quick also.

I just ordered a set from four wheel supply a few weeks ago. I'm glad I purchased with paypal. They made sure I got my money back when he didn't send out the product. :mad:

That guy must be hit or miss, I got my arms same week and couple months ago I ordered a stud kit for spare set of knuckles and got them quickly too, damn shame cause his arms are beef

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here, always got my orders quick. I bought mine on a bug Christmas sale and paid like $180 shipped. I wouldn't use his 3/4" all thread as it bends, and the studs break easy. I upgraded to ARP studs and a legit grade 8 bolt. Other than that no complaints.

Re: Re: Dana 60 high steer for the dumb

sleepsontoilet said:
Same here, always got my orders quick. I bought mine on a bug Christmas sale and paid like $180 shipped. I wouldn't use his 3/4" all thread as it bends, and the studs break easy. I upgraded to ARP studs and a legit grade 8 bolt. Other than that no complaints.
The kit i bought came with a grade 8 bolt. Im running ford knuckles, so it was way too long and i had to buy another anyway.