• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dana 60

rglover

So I am rebuilding a dana 60 and was wandering if anyone has ever used the outer axle seals from offroaddesign. I am just wandering how they hold up and if they will really benefit me. After I had everything tore apart the axle tube was full of sand and crud and the inner seals were shot. In my opinion if I put some outer seals on it that it should last me a lifetime if they hold up. It just seemed very odd to not have an outer seal on them. I may just be worrying over nothing but just wanted another opinion

I think they're nice....but not really needed if the inner seals are new/good quality.

I had'em in an old D30 when I was "trying to do everything right".......it broke a ujoint/axle and took out that outer seal. From that point on I jus F-it......only people I see running them are the mall crawler/giant roof rack/10million light type crew.

tonybolton said:
I think they're nice....but not really needed if the inner seals are new/good quality.

I had'em in an old D30 when I was "trying to do everything right".......it broke a ujoint/axle and took out that outer seal. From that point on I jus F-it......only people I see running them are the mall crawler/giant roof rack/10million light type crew.

That is what I heard, works good till something breaks.