• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

"Dirty girl" A White Trash Fab build

1TONZR2 said:
looking good! Cant wait to get my notcher...gonna ship in a few days. :****:
Congrats.

Knocked out the pass side front tonight.

Hadley stopped in with some more brackets and tabs from RS.

And the ls3 pan showed up.

Got some more done today, Hadley swapped out oil pans.

Meanwhile I finished modding the roller with a bottle jack setup complete with broken yota tcase input knob.

Next I got to work on the removeable engine skid.

Clearance is gonna be tight for drive shaft but not horrible.

View from the pinion.

Damn engine brace is in the way of putting the flanges in position on the pass side, poor planning on my part.

While I was busy with that Hadley and Jerry(bro) where busy adding a second forward line to give the front a more finished look.

Hadley also started cutting down his old smitty 8k winch into a comp size for the rear, more on that tomorrow.

Jduck said:
This thing looks great!! Cant wait to see it finished up :dblthumb:
Thanks, we are having a great time building it.
Had an intresting day, we got a bad batch of Ice holesaws so had to run out and get some new ones and lunch. Well we had a small snow and ice storm today and while we were out some kid in a prius slammed into my truck. Poor prius got both passenger doors smashed in, I got some red paint on my Trailgrappler. Tundra 1 - pruis -0.

Some pics of the harness bar and X bracing.

Shot of the cut down xrc8 with 3.5" taken out.

Winch mount base.

Done.

looks good

but you might have a hard time getting the front lower link bolts out with the engine skid on there

rockwild said:
looks good

but you might have a hard time getting the front lower link bolts out with the engine skid on there
They won't come out with the skid in, I had to design the skid's mounting to make sure we could get the bolts out. It sucks but with 1.25 hiems and 3/4" bolts I doubt they will have to come out often and its only 6 1/2" bolts to remove the skid and the lower mounts on it have sleeved pegs built in to line it up and give the lower mounts extra strength. Packaging is tight every where with big parts and we are trying to overbuild for the abuse it will see, the pics seem to make it look bigger everyone that has seen it in person tells me.

Managed to get some time in the shop tonight, driverside slider in.

Compound notch and for the record Lenox holesaws suck, broke 2 tonight doing 13 notch's. :****:

That's some fine work :dblthumb:

I had terrible luck with Lenox hole saws. Milwaukee hole saws have held up great since I swapped to them.

Yea I tend to get the Ice saws but they were out at the depot so went to lowes and got Lenox, that shits not ever happening again.

Hadley came by today and added 4 bars to the roofline.

I took the day off from working on the buggy and built rzr parts.