• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Disney Updates

Willymutt

Just wondering if anyone has updates from Disney. Rockwild is down there with an untested rig and it is the only one he was going to bring. :popcorn: I'm still sitting here feeling like ****. Would have been miserable down there not being able to walk around without coughing to death. Sounds like Wyatt had some issues on the front end. Something that has been going bad for awhile or something new?

They put a blingy new pillow block in it and it worked loose and apparently wiped out the front output bearing.

They were headed to Joplin Mo last night around 7ish or so I think to get parts. I have not heard anything this AM, Let me fire a text at Miles and get the 411

thumb.gif

Yea Billet one that some one machined for him.... didnt have lock washers or something like that in the mount so it got loose and wiped out a bearing. Dont really know more than that. They fixed it and are ready to go regardless.

Its actually the second bling billet pillow block.
Kelly installed it and left the lock washers off it. By mid course prerun **** was loose a hell. We tightened it 3 times to get back to Hogans.
Prerunning was rough.

Just got a text from Miles that read "Dang right son its on he your not first your last" molaugh molaugh

pillow block didn't wipe out any bearings. when I was taking front shft out to make it I felt the pinion and it went in and out like 1/2" or so. I went to tighten the nut and it came off in my hand. we have been running with the front pinion flopping around. So I tighten it and stake the nut so it won't back off. by that point the damage was already done and I told wyatt to keep his eye on it for more play to present itself. it did. on teh lock washers, it was late and I dropped the ****ing ball. the piece itself it beautiful.
Miles just told me they got the hole shot, never got off course and led until teh river bottom part. Beyer, who had preran for about 2 months and helped put it together knew a good line through all the hood deep water and rocks and passed in the open. either way, wyatt got 2nd after leading most of it :woody:

Awesome job Wyatt. It is hard to go into a race like that not knowing the terrain. Those holes will eat you up.

blacksheep10 said:
pillow block didn't wipe out any bearings. when I was taking front shft out to make it I felt the pinion and it went in and out like 1/2" or so. I went to tighten the nut and it came off in my hand. we have been running with the front pinion flopping around. So I tighten it and stake the nut so it won't back off. by that point the damage was already done and I told wyatt to keep his eye on it for more play to present itself. it did. on teh lock washers, it was late and I dropped the ****ing ball. the piece itself it beautiful.
Miles just told me they got the hole shot, never got off course and led until teh river bottom part. Beyer, who had preran for about 2 months and helped put it together knew a good line through all the hood deep water and rocks and passed in the open. either way, wyatt got 2nd after leading most of it :woody:

go back to sleep grumpy.... laughing1

Congrats Beyer and Wyatt, way to do work YO ! :woody:

blacksheep10 said:
sleep ****, I'm sitting here waiting for a ride, agonizing because I'm not there/wasn't there. :-\ :'(

Well look at the bright side... you wont have to last minute the rear steer on Heath's for "the other ride" in November. laughing1

Beyer did awesome!

We did our best and ran hard for a 2nd place. Only 4 rigs finished. Beyer, Wyatt, Brad Austin, JabNasty.
Everyone else broke or got lost.

We took the hole shot and supposedly came out of the woods portion with a 6 minute lead....
Lost it to Beyer on the river bottom though.
He caught us and passed right before little blue. We passed him side by side on Whailing Wall (great video) an made Waterfall and back to the river, and Beyer caught us again on the river bottom. Coming across the last water crossing my line was blacked due to Kevin Shipleys jeep hydrolocked, I hit some DEEP water and never made up the ground. We came out the top of Staircase less that :30 behind Beyer for a 2nd place finish. Jab Nasty got to staircase 3rd about 5 minutes after us, but BAustion passed him on the obstacle.
Damn good day. ORI rocked, steering sucked, and my tranny is in need of a rebuild BAD!

NO ROLLS or SLICED BFG yet!