• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Double Beadlock VS. Single Beadlock BATTLE!

What do you ride on? (multiple choice ok)

• Total voters
Digger, not a fan of Stauns? Do tell....

Myself, I forsaw the mounting issue and planned on going with double beadlocks in the future. I think for me with Chev axles and 16.5 tires, I' probably go the widened hummer rim route. Still, there may be some downsides to this method.

Curious, can you cut out the stock centers and reweld the same center back in, only recentered a bit? (Plasma cut)

DOUBLE, hands down, but I do have some bros with singles that never disbead, but have seen too many singles do it to go back, I love being able to go zero pressure, and no worries

Digger, not a fan of Stauns? Do tell....

Myself, I forsaw the mounting issue and planned on going with double beadlocks in the future. I think for me with Chev axles and 16.5 tires, I' probably go the widened hummer rim route. Still, there may be some downsides to this method.

Curious, can you cut out the stock centers and reweld the same center back in, only recentered a bit? (Plasma cut)

I've got a couple of friends that have damaged their Stauns. Super low pressure can make them vulnerable to rocks. They're also a real PITA to mount. One of the advantages to beadlocks is the reinforcement of the outer wheel lip. We all seen many non-beadlock type wheel take a real beating due to rocks. Beadlocks never see that kind of damage. Trail Ready will add a reinforcement ring to the inside bead to help that side prevent damage.

I've seen Hummer wheel re-centered but I don't know of anyone but US6x6 who does it. I haven't heard much good about that Co.

Has anyone done the weld on type beadlock on both sides? It's probably a real pain to mount but?????

Im on my second set of single BL's and I have yet to have any issues with burping etc. My old set had sx's on them and they worked great down to 3 psi (lowest I ran them) while the new ones are 42" tsl's and they dont burp at all even ran down to the point that air was barely coming out of the stem with the core out.... :redneck:

Double's are nice to have Id think. H1's are easy to mount/dismount being 16.5's with no safety bead to hold the tire on. Ive mounted/dismounted a set of hutchinson double beadlocks (15") and they were a BITCH to dismount but easy to mount, But Id guarantee they'd hold the bead no matter what... :;

I run bobby long single bead locks 15 inch and love them,you'd have to have a large rim to acomodate this style, due to clearance issues.the nice thing is they were 340.00 out the door and i welded them on some chrome steel wheels, so they don't look like everyone else's black rims.thanks

I just bought 4 H1 rims and am going to be recentering them soon.

Here is where I am at so far.
$30 per rim
$85 for Centers
$40 for inserts
___
$155 into each rim. Can't buy a single beadlock for that price.

I'll be taking pictures and do a writeup when I do the rims.

And I went for some custom centers so you could do it for a lot less.

This thread is filled with apples-to-oranges. I.E. Clamp rings to inserts to 2 piece wheels, 15" wheels, 17" wheels. :rolleyes:

A properly set up single BL will be just fine for most. What some think is hard abuse is just a normal day wheeling for others. :beatdeadhorse:

Of course a relatively equal quality and designed double BL is superior to the counterpart single BL. More is better. Didn't your gold digging aunt teach you anything?

ADD/EDIT: H1's are for the Ghey Community.

Last edited:
two different width 15 rims with beadlocks and ive lost many an inner bead. especially in the snow. the snow creeps into the bead and physically pushed the tire off.

i even added a larger safety bead to the inside and it still happens. cant run less than 8 psi with out burping.

its just something i have to keep an eye on while wheeling. once or twice i have to add air.