• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

E-85

I ran a bracket car on alcohol, I bought mine in a 55gal drum from the co-op. Same stuff they put in tractor tires for weight and would not freeze. It that the same stuff as ethanol?

Been running E85 on my boosted 6.0 with no issues. I do test it before I fill up my 8 jugs prior to an outing. The station I get it from has not been below 70%. My tune is mid range and my tuner has told me that 70% is fine.

Re:

Ethanol is moonshine with just enough other **** put in it to make it kill you if you drink it.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Silly question here, but how does a shade tree mech. test E85. I glanced over this thread than googled and everything I saw was a few thousand bucks and testing by a company taking over a month. Just wondering.

You mix x amount of water with x amount of fuel in a graduated cylinder and then on e the alcohol and water seperate from the gas you can tell how much gas you had

Quick example.. If 1 gallon of e85 plus 1 gallon of water nets 1 quart of gas and 7 quarts of water/alcohol then you had e75

Re: Re: E-85

vidio1 said:
Silly question here, but how does a shade tree mech. test E85. I glanced over this thread than googled and everything I saw was a few thousand bucks and testing by a company taking over a month. Just wondering.
Simple Google search:

https://www.google.com/search?q=e85+test+kits&prmd=ivns&source=univ&tbm=shop&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiMtJ-zzPXNAhUCPj4KHUL2BWMQsxgICg

Anyone that is considering running anything above E10(10%alcohol) in their fuel system needs to research your components and verify they are suitable for higher percentages of alcohol. The reason alcohol is not good is that it can eat some forms of plastic, brass and aluminum. It also dries out rubber components. You cannot leave alcohol in a fuel system if the vehicle is to be stored. Several years back there were a couple of instances where gasoline with higher contents of alcohol were distributed in central Florida. That fuel got put in vehicles not equipped to handle it and the results were a lot of vehicles on the side of the Interstate highway after about 20 miles. I helped out with a blown pro mod drag car a few years back and they had to change the oil after each run due to the alcohol contamination caused by the blow-by. I had to have a company build a Quadrajet for my 85 Riviera so it would tolerate the E10 gas. It began to leak and pour gas through the engine due to the alcohol dissolving the seals and attacking the float.