• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Easter ride - bingham and coalmine etc...

pjprice said:
What makes you say that? Just not enough of a crowd to keep it open?

that and lack of help... manning gates/ trail maintenance.... lots of work to keep it running.

hard to attract lots of folks unless your hosting big rides/ races every other weekend....

i try to help out as much as i can up there.

xjkrawler said:
that and lack of help... manning gates/ trail maintenance.... lots of work to keep it running.

hard to attract lots of folks unless your hosting big rides/ races every other weekend....

i try to help out as much as i can up there.

I wish they would have a little $500 hill climb up there. Nothing like SRRS or anything, but a good Toyota rock crawl or something

muddinmetal said:
I wish they would have a little $500 hill climb up there. Nothing like SRRS or anything, but a good Toyota rock crawl or something

we could do that.... we just need the push and personnel to get it done.

we have pretty good success for the feb jam ride.... alot of folks like to just come and trail ride..... then you have the crowd that wants to watch a bounty hill/race

xjkrawler said:
we could do that.... we just need the push and personnel to get it done.

we have pretty good success for the feb jam ride.... alot of folks like to just come and trail ride..... then you have the crowd that wants to watch a bounty hill/race

I would rather ride myself, but if it takes a small comp or show to remind everyone that Hale is a happening place to be, then it'd be worth it

muddinmetal said:
I would rather ride myself, but if it takes a small comp or tow to remind everyone that Hale is a happening place to be, then it'd be worth it

i can think of a hill right off of the parking lot (easy access) that would make for a nice hill climb. not impossible but got some good rocks and has plenty of spectator area....

in fact i can think of several that would work

I think Hale just needs to market better. Feb Jam is like the only big ride I can think of that is marketed properly. Study the calendars of other parks' events, and plan a month or two ahead, some big rides. No comps just trail rides. But planning is key.

Yeah that nightride was badass!!! I love night riding and a lot of parks don't allow it, so there's another feature Hale could use to capitalize on. During the summer months, you can count me out for wheeling unless it's a nightride, I'll be at home under the air conditioning otherwise :****:

onetoncrawler said:
Yeah whatever we need to do to ensure it stays open - closest place to me and my favorite park

Plus they have a sweet concession setup with some bomb-ass food on top of the hill! Definitely a great park!

The thing about planning rides is if there is a ride planned and marketed, it's more likely to acquire people's attendance rather than just being open and hoping people will show up.

"Hey man, where you wanna wheel this weekend? .....I don't know bud, you know they are having that ride at Hale Mtn, maybe we should go there....looks like a lot of folks are going to be there."

rather than..

"Hey man, where you wanna wheel this weekend? ....I don't know man, there's 4 or 5 places all within a 2 hour drive from us, nothing specific going on at any of them, just pick one."

You don't have to spend any extra money to plan rides, there doesn't have to be a badass competition or a band playing that evening, just an event used as an excuse to get folks together in the same spot to do some wheeling.

TacomaJD said:
Plus they have a sweet concession setup with some bomb-ass food on top of the hill! Definitely a great park!

The thing about planning rides is if there is a ride planned and marketed, it's more likely to acquire people's attendance rather than just being open and hoping people will show up.

"Hey man, where you wanna wheel this weekend? .....I don't know bud, you know they are having that ride at Hale Mtn, maybe we should go there....looks like a lot of folks are going to be there."

rather than..

"Hey man, where you wanna wheel this weekend? ....I don't know man, there's 4 or 5 places all within a 2 hour drive from us, nothing specific going on at any of them, just pick one."

You don't have to spend any extra money to plan rides, there doesn't have to be a badass competition or a band playing that evening, just an event used as an excuse to get folks together in the same spot to do some wheeling.

Exactly.

Golden mountain is the same way, with the exception of Dixie run, it's mostly just small group riding the rest of the year.

I've got an idea of hosting a "Rock Crawlers Revival" there this summer so all the people that love crawling and trail riding and don't need a comp or endless carnage to want to go riding will have a "reason" to all get together and do some badass crawling, cookin, and :drinkers:

Only 25 minutes from the house. I've only been a couple times but I've been wanting to go back for sure. Planned on going several times once I get my heep back ready. I'd def hate to see it close down

Had a great time yesterday at hale. Good amount of ppl there to. But I do plan on doin a lot more riding there this year. 20 minutes away and a good park

Jacksonwolf39 said:
Had a great time yesterday at hale. Good amount of ppl there to. But I do plan on doin a lot more riding there this year. 20 minutes away and a good park
You are lucky, damn 20 minutes don't even get me to the mall. :****: