• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Elbe Labor Day Weekend

That's who was there then too. Seemed OK when we spoke with them. We had a big excavator. Should have helped them MOVE....

When we have our next work weekend for the Rainer Vista, that camp area will go away, if someone else doesn't take care of it first.

The Rainier Vista sign is FULL of bullet holes.... We spend at least an hour last time picking up shell casing from people at that campsite. Not NEARLY as many as we picked up at the pit, but it was still ridiculous.

That camp area was cleaned and blocked:awesomework:

I cant stand people that are that stupid... Thanks to Gibby & Anthony for your help to pick up after the retards,

I like the "illegal" campsites on the side of nine road.

I dont have to listen to 8 generators all night and day. Theres enough parking for a big trailer. It is still accessable to the ranger/leo to drive up and talk if needed.

I often use the site on the side of the 9 road just past the sunrise. Its within walking distance to the main camp and much quieter. Its been a campsite for many years. I have had DNR come down and check in on a work party weekend before without mentioning that we leave.

I think there has to be some "overflow camping" at elbe.
just not the kind like at the end of gotcha. Those that are hidden like at the gotcha/vista get the burn it shoot it up and brake them bottles too, crowd.:booo:

I like the "illegal" campsites on the side of nine road.

I dont have to listen to 8 generators all night and day. Theres enough parking for a big trailer. It is still accessable to the ranger/leo to drive up and talk if needed.

I often use the site on the side of the 9 road just past the sunrise. Its within walking distance to the main camp and much quieter. Its been a campsite for many years. I have had DNR come down and check in on a work party weekend before without mentioning that we leave.

I think there has to be some "overflow camping" at elbe.
just not the kind like at the end of gotcha. Those that are hidden like at the gotcha/vista get the burn it shoot it up and brake them bottles too, crowd.:booo:

Actually, that's never been a campsite, it's just been USED as a campsite. I think what's being said is that from now on, the DNR is going may be fining people for not using the legal camping areas.

As usual, as few bad eggs screw it up for everyone else.

There's been a battle going on for sometime to get more camping at Elbe. The DNR can't say that one illegal campsite is OK but another is not. Look at the mess that's left at the pit at the end of the 9 road, and up where the busywild and easy wild meet. They are ALWAYS full of shells, illegal fires and trash.

The long term answer is to provide additional camping and make people follow the reservation rules. That way there's a record of who was there should something go wrong.

Actually, that's never been a campsite, it's just been USED as a campsite. I think what's being said is that from now on, the DNR is going may be fining people for not using the legal camping areas.

As usual, as few bad eggs screw it up for everyone else.

There's been a battle going on for sometime to get more camping at Elbe. The DNR can't say that one illegal campsite is OK but another is not. Look at the mess that's left at the pit at the end of the 9 road, and up where the busywild and easy wild meet. They are ALWAYS full of shells, illegal fires and trash.

The long term answer is to provide additional camping and make people follow the reservation rules. That way there's a record of who was there should something go wrong.

With saying that... What are people to do that dont go online to read this and head to the hills to go camping n wheeling...Get ticketed for not being told?

With saying that... What are people to do that dont go online to read this and head to the hills to go camping n wheeling...Get ticketed for not being told?

People ARE expected to know the rules. They are expected to know the rules about wheeling on the trails, fire precautions, etc.

Better signage would certainly help but we can't be expected to sign where someone CANNOT camp, just because it looks like it COULD be a campsite.

It's about taking responsibility. If I'm going to go goose hunting, I have to do my research to find out where and when I can go, when I can hunt, what the limts are etc. The same responsibility applies to going wheeling and camping out in the woods. People need to find out where they can and cannot go, what they can and cannot do.

The campground reservation information is clearly posted at the campgrounds at Elbe.

Last edited:
People ARE expected to know the rules. They are expected to know the rules about wheeling on the trails, fire precautions, etc.

Better signage would certainly help but we can't be expected to sign where someone CANNOT camp, just because it looks like it COULD be a campsite.

It's about taking responsibility. If I'm going to go goose hunting, I have to do my research to find out where and when I can go, when I can hunt, what the limts are etc. The same responsibility applies to going wheeling and camping out in the woods. People need to find out where they can and cannot go, what they can and cannot do.

The campground reservation information is clearly posted at the campgrounds at Elbe.

So lets say Iam Joe Redneck and I know nothing about the campground reservation or any sort of message forums and just bought my uber cool new toyota 4x4 and head up there geared up to camp.. Do I get turned down after I just spent the money on fuel and necessity's for a few days?

:corn:

So lets say Iam Joe Redneck and I know nothing about the campground reservation or any sort of message forums and just bought my uber cool new toyota 4x4 and head up there geared up to camp.. Do I get turned down after I just spent the money on fuel and necessity's for a few days?

I dont think Nancy would tell you to go home if the campground was full and you was camping in a spot that was clean and not trashed. One of the many problems up there at all these (illegal) camping spots is people have HUGE RAGING drunk in fires and throw garbage and crap everywhere burn and shoot signs, then they go off into the woods and make trails run stuff over and kill trees. :mad:

Last edited:
I dont think Nancy would tell you to go home if the campground was full and you was camping in a spot that was clean and not trashed. One of the many problems up there at all these (illegal) camping spots is people have HUGE RAGING drunk in fires and throw garbage and crap everywhere burn and shoot signs, then they go off into the woods and make trails run stuff over and kill trees. :mad:

Good point Anthony!! :awesomework:

just playing the Devils Advocate alittle bit:D

One thing I noticed from last weekend was the majority of the people up there that was making a mess didn't even come up there to wheel. Saturday night I noticed a ton or people driving up the 9 rd. When I woke up Sunday morning I drove up there to find they had a huge party all the way at the end of the 9rd. and it was TRASHED.:booo: I had cleaned that spot three times over the course of the four days I was there:mad:. Needless to say I was pissed, and told them I was taking down all there license plate numbers and that if they didn't clean there sh.t up they would all be getting tickets in the mail. I went back up there later that day and it was spotless.

We were camped at the campground and you should have seen the highschool party down at the end on Friday night. I think the entire school was there. Probably 100 kids. Not one wheeler. Mostly lowered hondas and **** like that. One guy got two flats from doing burnouts on bald tires on the gravel road. :haha: The next day we went down and picked up a **** ton of trash. Lots of beer can in the bushes around the cul-d-sac at the end. Some of the people were conscious enough to bag up their **** but they just left it sitting in the shelter like they think there is trash service to the camp ground. Makes you wanna kick some ass. :pissed::rolleyes:

Playing devil's advocate a little bit, yes, you get turned down and you come back to do it properly.

If I'm out hunting with the new gun that I bought, and the ranger finds me walking through the woods and I tell him I'm hunting Elk with my nice new gun. I proudly show him my campsite and nice new truck that I bought to go hunting as well as all the cool camping stuff that I have. He asks for my hunting license - I didn't know I needed one. What would the ranger do? I would assume he would do far more than just tell me to go home. I have a feeling that all my nice new stuff would no longer be mine...

Just because you spend the money on fuel and necessities doesn't give anyone the freedom to not follow the rules. Should someone be ticketed because they didn't know that they needed a reservation and camped in one of the "illegal" camp areas. I don't think so, but they should be sent packing.

We were camped at the campground and you should have seen the highschool party down at the end on Friday night. I think the entire school was there. Probably 100 kids. Not one wheeler. Mostly lowered hondas and **** like that. One guy got two flats from doing burnouts on bald tires on the gravel road. :haha: The next day we went down and picked up a **** ton of trash. Lots of beer can in the bushes around the cul-d-sac at the end. Some of the people were conscious enough to bag up their **** but they just left it sitting in the shelter like they think there is trash service to the camp ground. Makes you wanna kick some ass. :pissed::rolleyes:

So my question is, who let them in the campground? The gate should have been locked with a combination known only to those that booked the campground. Whomever opened the campground should have kept the gates locked and only allowed users in, that had reservations for that weekend.

I know it's a PITA to have to do that, but if we want to preserve the area, we're going to have to be more forceful as users. If they have a valid reservation, report the group to the DNR and they'll never get a reservation again and the DNR can go after them for cleanup costs.

So my question is, who let them in the campground? The gate should have been locked with a combination known only to those that booked the campground. Whomever opened the campground should have kept the gates locked and only allowed users in, that had reservations for that weekend.

I know it's a PITA to have to do that, but if we want to preserve the area, we're going to have to be more forceful as users. If they have a valid reservation, report the group to the DNR and they'll never get a reservation again and the DNR can go after them for cleanup costs.

He said there party was down at the end of the road, I'm assuming the 9 rd.

Gibby!!! calm down from your "father hollier then thu voice"!!! until you have a ORV park, you should really watch and re-word the way you type **** out!!:awesomework:

He said there party was down at the end of the road, I'm assuming the 9 rd.

Thats what I got also!!:redneck: