• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Elbe Labor Day Weekend

If the camping is not allowed along the road it SHOULD be posted. if its not posted i donm't think they can ticket you.

even though we should be able to camp there.

its kinda like reiter, all part of THE KINGS FOREST.

we have to follow the rules.......

Although dispersed camping is alowed in national forest areas, but not on DNR land.

Gibby, I agree with you that people should be self educated on teh rules, but where do you get that information?

you compared hunting rules with wheeling rules. Welll i can go down to any K mart and get a synopsis that tells me where i can and cant go, and for how long etc.

There is NO place you can find such information on elbe hills. (internet, but then if your a newb, its really hard to find)

On DNR land you are only allowed to camp in areas posted as designated camping areas. Some of the "illegal" camping areas being discussed have been posted no camping and the signs have been torn down. When this happens, the excavator comes in and makes the area undesirable for a camp spot, ie: trenches and stump piles. The main problems in these "illegal" camping areas are trash, chopping down live trees and people making new trails in the vicinity of the camps.

Here is some info on the DNR, the people who own Elbe ORV area:

http://www.dnr.wa.gov/RecreationEducation/Recreation/Pages/Home.aspx

If people who used the area would take their trash with them and leave the campsites and trails clean, the "landowners" would be alot happier.

dnr doesn't own anything. they are stewards in charge of managing state land.

I understand and so does 99 percent of the people on this board, but how do you educate the people who don't have internet access?

Elbe ORV area is State Trust Land and the DNR is the Trustee of the Land. They set the rules and allow the trails to be there and can also close them off. Nancy has been trying to get a volunteer program together and have orv users at the camp ground every weekend to talk to other people about education and enforcement. There are also bimonthly DNR meetings at a fire station in Graham that is open to the public where the Elbe ORV area is discussed.

Gibby, I agree with you that people should be self educated on teh rules, but where do you get that information?

It is harder to find but associations like WOW, PNW4WDA and others are good resources. The DNR is also available.

I got info because I spent several years very active with the PNW4WDA and 2 years as the PNW rep to Elbe. I also asked a lot of questions and took the time to learn.

The other places to learn are from the
"father hollier then thu voice"
people out there:beer:

I don't know you, but I think you're awesome Gibby.

Cool, calm, collected, articulate and informed.:awesomework:

Naysayers are :rb:

dnr doesn't own anything. they are stewards in charge of managing state land.

I understand and so does 99 percent of the people on this board, but how do you educate the people who don't have internet access?

Thats correct, and you do it by talking to them when you see people doing things they shouldnt. If that dosent work then you record information and pass it along to the land managers or LEOs for the area. If we dont police our own their are plenty of people willing to do it for us by putting up gates and closing areas. I choose the lesser of these two evils.

On DNR land you are only allowed to camp in areas posted as designated camping areas. Some of the "illegal" camping areas being discussed have been posted no camping and the signs have been torn down. When this happens, the excavator comes in and makes the area undesirable for a camp spot, ie: trenches and stump piles. The main problems in these "illegal" camping areas are trash, chopping down live trees and people making new trails in the vicinity of the camps.

Add to this list the sanitation issues from disperssed camps :booo: nothing like having to clean up someone elses poop to make you enjoy your job:eeek:

yes, gibby and pokey are both good guys.

I'm just being the devils advocate.

but still, most people won't even know what or who the DNR is.
so they are left without information or who to get it from. You call the forest service, they tell you to fall the ranger, the ranger tells you to call the DNR.. the who?

That is what you'll get from most people.

I tried being the nice guy and giving a heads up..this is what I got in return..

These are 2 of the responces that a friend of mine got once she reposted in a myspace bulliten about what I sent her... Maybe a few of you that have a myspace wouldnt mind obliging Mr.Chavez to his toughness...:haha:

OR just give them a heads up....:redneck:

H O L L Y Sep 15, 2009 8:18 AM http://www.myspace.com/il0vetoast
Why the hell does someone even need to write something like this? Why is it not just common courtesy / decency to pick up after yourself? Get a little respect. Its arrogant, rude, immature people who want to cry and moan when they cant act like assholes without anyone saying anything to them, that ruin things for those who do whats right.

CoryCory Chavez Sep 14, 2009 11:53 PM www.myspace.com/475526477
Who ever wrote this is going to get their ass kicked. Who ever you are you need to learn to stop acussing everybody and just go after whoever you know it is. I was the one camped in the bowl so **** OFF. I am a big boy and I don't need some bitch like you trying to tell me what to do. I will camp in the bowl everytime if I feel like it. Maybe I will see you up there again soon I hope. We need to have some words.

Looks like little ol me is gunna get my ass kicked for trying to give people a heads up and spread the word that this **** isnt gunna fly :eeek: :redneck: :haha:

This is her bulliten that was posted and what I sent her from here..

THIS GOT SENT 2 ME IN A PRIVET E MAIL SO I WANTED TO PASS IT ON SO EVERY1 KNOWS. ALSO I DONT KNOW ALL THE RULES BUT 1 THAT WAS TOLD 2 ME IS U CAN ONLY CAMP IN THE CAMP GROUNDS NOT THE BOWL ER ANY WHERE ELSE. SO IN OTHER WORDS JUST BY THE RESTROOMS. ANY QUESTIONS I WILL GET U THE INFO ER TELL U WHO 2 TALK 2.

JOSIE

this is copied from a thread about the trash!!

One thing I noticed from last weekend was the majority of the people up there that was making a mess didn't even come up there to wheel. Saturday night I noticed a ton or people driving up the 9 rd. When I woke up Sunday morning I drove up there to find they had a huge party all the way at the end of the 9rd. and it was TRASHED. I had cleaned that spot three times over the course of the four days I was there. Needless to say I was pissed, and told them I was taking down all there license plate numbers and that if they didn't clean there sh.t up they would all be getting tickets in the mail. I went back up there later that day and it was spotless.

above was from one person below is from another.... your friends are ****ed and you should really let them know.. besides..Elbe isnt a "party spot" its a ORV park...this **** will get it closed down!!

We were camped at the campground and you should have seen the highschool party down at the end on Friday night. I think the entire school was there. Probably 100 kids. Not one wheeler. Mostly lowered hondas and **** like that. One guy got two flats from doing burnouts on bald tires on the gravel road.
The next day we went down and picked up a **** ton of trash. Lots of beer can in the bushes around the cul-d-sac at the end. Some of the people were conscious enough to bag up their **** but they just left it sitting in the shelter like they think there is trash service to the camp ground. Makes you wanna kick some ass.

I would sudgest letting everybody that you know, to keep n eye for a ticket in the mail...

just giving you a heads up... they also have pictures of the mess and of the rigs...

I threw the last part in to keep em on there toes :redneck:

It sounds like the Sheriff needs to swing by the 9 road Fri and Sat. nights.

:corn:

so he can arrest his own children? This is a podunk hick town and when its all closed someday, drunk hicks will still make it to the "atv trails". I partied with the police chiefs kids when I was that age at the same spot.

Good luck with this battle.

Hell when I was in high school, we used to get the loggers that camped out with the equiptment to to get hammed with us. Some of them would even cruise down to the Hilander to get more beer.

The cops in eatonville have been on a HUGE mission to bust anyone at Murphys Falls and at Boxcar canyon. The result is teens going further out to party. Its not just ashford locals at "atv", its alot of eatonville kids too.

This is exactly correct. The "high school" parties need to go somewhere else.

Where? they have been cracking down and ashford has NO POLICE. Only the WSP is out there sometimes. Not much sherif action either.

When you call the cops and they show up nothing happens anyways.

Never did when I used to party way back. Cop pulls up, minor throws beer in the woods, nothing happens.

Then minor sneaks home on scott turner road cuz the cops might see him on the hiway.

Good luck. Me and my buddies never got busted way back and neither will todays crowd.