• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Epona project

LightBnDr said:
Funny what happens when oil is traded in only the US dollar?

The rig turned out sweet man. Those WOD lines really make that rig

Actually its 85% taxes on gas + 20% sale taxes that are killing us.

And I agree, there is a strong WOD influence.

That's my point exactly. France ain't got no oil in the ground son. Neither does Germany. Which is where France gets its oil. Where does Germany get oil? Russia.

Where does France and the rest of the European Union want to get their oil? From Libya. Who has their **** in Libya's butt? The USA baby. So there ain't an ounce of oil comin out of there without the bank converting Euros to green backs.

So when the US controls Saudi oil exports like they have from the beginning, Russia is the only other big **** in the fight. Other than Iran of course, that's a diff discussion. Lol. So unfortunately, because a majority of the worlds oil is sold in the US dollar only, fuel prices are 4times what we pay.

That's why eye-siss has to exist. So there is constant conflict in that region so Americans will happily jump on the wagon when the guv says let's put boots on the ground guys. We gotta protect that ground.

Cuz soon as we lose control of Saudi oil, mericas done boys. Just sign the title and deed along with our sovereignty over to the UN.

Hey sweet rig. Honesty. I really like it and the fact that it was built with a pooh pipe kinker makes it that much better to me. Keep it up. Post some more vids

I'm glad I saw it with my own eyes. I've always wondered how well you could "bend, move it down a little, bend, move it a little.....and so on to get the rolled look.
Pretty impressive especially on the time frame too

Fabrice is really good with that bender for sure !

LightBnDr said:
That's my point exactly. France ain't got no oil in the ground son. Neither does Germany. Which is where France gets its oil. Where does Germany get oil? Russia.

Where does France and the rest of the European Union want to get their oil? From Libya. Who has their **** in Libya's butt? The USA baby. So there ain't an ounce of oil comin out of there without the bank converting Euros to green backs.

So when the US controls Saudi oil exports like they have from the beginning, Russia is the only other big **** in the fight. Other than Iran of course, that's a diff discussion. Lol. So unfortunately, because a majority of the worlds oil is sold in the US dollar only, fuel prices are 4times what we pay.

That's why eye-siss has to exist. So there is constant conflict in that region so Americans will happily jump on the wagon when the guv says let's put boots on the ground guys. We gotta protect that ground.

Cuz soon as we lose control of Saudi oil, mericas done boys. Just sign the title and deed along with our sovereignty over to the UN.

wow-that-escalated-quickly.png

I'm not interested in politics nor I think Tech section is the forum for those considerations anyway. Not that I think you're wrong, but I didn't want to deviate to this discussion here.

Hey sweet rig. Honesty. I really like it and the fact that it was built with a pooh pipe kinker makes it that much better to me. Keep it up. Post some more vids

I'll make sure to forward here all the new videos when they're released.

Yeah apologies for the hijack. That was misplaced vomit. Just me makin friends on the internet again.

I really enjoy the build though. As well as the vids and overseas perspective

The fact it was built with a kinker and friends makes it 100x cooler. I would drive the snot out of that little rig. hitit

Hello,
I am Fabrice from GoldenCoastCustom. I have build this car with my friends for Mary.
I would like to thanks everyone for your nice messages in this topic, in particulary Bebop ;-)

Just to give some precision.
For this chassis, I have used an old bending machine, for time and coast reason (size and tube grade).
Usualy, I use a big hydraulic machine.

I have no "special" die, it's a standar one.
It's only the way I use the bending that allow me to have this kind of curve.
Many and many hours of bending on dozens of chassis and rollcages.

Thanks to all of you :)

fab21 said:
Hello,
I am Fabrice from GoldenCoastCustom. I have build this car with my friends for Mary.
I would like to thanks everyone for your nice messages in this topic, in particulary Bebop ;-)

Just to give some precision.
For this chassis, I have used an old bending machine, for time and coast reason (size and tube grade).
Usualy, I use a big hydraulic machine.

I have no "special" die, it's a standar one.
It's only the way I use the bending that allow me to have this kind of curve.
Many and many hours of bending on dozens of chassis and

Thanks to all of you :)

I was just wowed at the speed and quality of this build. Congratulations to you and your entire team. And Mary. Did y'all (you all) keep up with the total hours?

We have estimated to 800 the number of hours ;-)
Personnaly, I stayed inside the shop 46 hours without sleeping to build the chassis.

Holy crap! 46 hours straight??!!!??
If I try to do anything where I have to think, past being up for 30 hours it doesn't turn out well!!!
Very impressive.
Congrats on the build and it's awesome to see friends come together like this!!

I am not certain how I missed this thread from day one. What is your turn key price on a buggy like this? I am guessing this was a special deal for a friend, so her price I am not interested in. But, for a paying customer, what would it cost, materials, labor and parts to make this happen.

The reason I ask, is that you cannot buy a running, healthy V8 4x4 in America for $500. I was wondering if there were other great deals that you can find being so centered in a very large, densely populated area?

By the way, excellent work. I absolutely love the small buggy with big power. The lines look great and she seemed very happy to receive such a great gift. If you run out of people to build one for, put me down for a week in September :)

lowbudgetjunk said:
The reason I ask, is that you cannot buy a running, healthy V8 4x4 in America for $500. I was wondering if there were other great deals that you can find being so centered in a very large, densely populated area?

I'm sure you can find a TBI or Magnum 318 for $500 here.
For us french, those are healthy V8's... :woot:

We have plenty of deals on what you guys would call "imports" that are our "domestics" back there. Hence why the G-Wagen drivetrain.

The slip side is that finding a cheap one ton pick-up is near impossible for us.

Right now in France, there is ONE unique pair of one ton axles for sale... They're that rare over there...

I've even got a friend calling me and asking me to shipping him a pair of axles bc he can't find some...

Edit : According to Golden Coast Custom website, the price for a Turnkey buggy with those kind of parts, all components included is around 25k €, so right at 28k$

Bebop said:
I'm sure you can find a TBI or Magnum 318 for $500 here.
For us french, those are healthy V8's... :woot:

We have plenty of deals on what you guys would call "imports" that are our "domestics" back there. Hence why the G-Wagen drivetrain.

The slip side is that finding a cheap one ton pick-up is near impossible for us.

Right now in France, there is ONE unique pair of one ton axles for sale... They're that rare over there...

I've even got a friend calling me and asking me to shipping him a pair of axles bc he can't find some...

Edit : According to Golden Coast Custom website, the price for a Turnkey buggy with those kind of parts, all components included is around 25k €, so right at 28k$

Yes, you could pick up the engine for a fiver, but I assumed you used the whole Mercedes drivetrain. Transmission, transfer case, axles too?

lowbudgetjunk said:
Yes, you could pick up the engine for a fiver, but I assumed you used the whole Mercedes drivetrain. Transmission, transfer case, axles too?

I was talking about the Engine and transmission. TCase and axles are extra. Like 2k total.