• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Expensive burnouts.. how much Do you think they cost??

kushKrawlin

:smoke:Every time I say someone smoke a set of $3000 tires, I say to myself "self I wonder how much that burnout cost?" :****: we have all seen the burnouts whether they are 10 or 15 seconds long, or wat seems to be about 15 minutes. I know some will say "it's not as bad on the tires as u would think." And to that i say. Bulshit. Melting a tire on a rock for a minute or two, HAS to do some serious wear... So my question is, and I realize the answer dependa on how long, rig weight, how fast tire is spinning, if it was a full moon the night before, if he stayed In a holiday inn The previous night, haha .. In other words I'm not trying to figure out exactly to the penny and do some kind of math equation.. I'm just wondering what you thought a ballpark figure would be? And I'm I the only one that has ever wonder this? I mean honestly I think you sit there and smoke tires for a minute or two, you know the ones where no one can see because of the amount of smoke, those have to be in the hundredsof dollars.. Hell if I don't come with that half tread anyway. And I am talking about stickies.. Mostly the 43's, there's no point in warming up the treps or the Reds, One, their plenty sticky.. And 2, your already look cool having them on your ****! :woot: I'm kiddin. But seriously I know a lot of it is for show, I just wonder how much those burnouts are costing these folks!?? When someone does one, well everyone is screaming and cheering, although I think it is pretty damn cool, i'm sitting there trying to calculate how much I thought the burn out cost them. Hahaha. **** on that! Avon if I had plenty of money which is far from the case I would not smoke my tires like that.. I damn sure love watching others do it though :woot:

Figure out how many rides they go on before changing tires. Then use $3000 divide however many rides, that will give you a good guess how much it costs a day. Next if you really want to get down to the nit picky, how many times and how long did they smoke the tires could be put in there too. But then you have to really keep count of tires. I figure you would need to account for 6 tires minimum to allow for down time on each.

Not going to catch me doing it! Their motors sure sound good when they do it, but sometimes I just want to see them bump it and complete the obstacle. :****:

Haha by won't see me doin it either!! I had a guy holler "warm Em up!" I just hollerd back "ok cool, meet me right up there first and Lemme get a few hundred man". Like I'm serious as hell. Hhaha he looked at me like, " this moron is serious". Ha. I bet some of them are $500 burn outs Atleast. Just something I've always wondered...

Re: Re: Expensive burnouts.. how much Do you think they cost??

kushKrawlin said:
Haha by won't see me doin it either!! I had a guy holler "warm Em up!" I just hollerd back "ok cool, meet me right up there first and Lemme get a few hundred man". Like I'm serious as hell. Hhaha he looked at me like, " this moron is serious". Ha. I bet some of them are $500 burn outs Atleast. Just something I've always wondered...
There is no way it's 500. At 500 on a set of 3k tires is a total of 6 uses. It's a lot less than you think.

Re: Expensive burnouts.. how much Do you think they cost??

The parts that smoke are the ones to ***** to handle it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Re: Expensive burnouts.. how much Do you think they cost??

onepieceatatime said:
Was it worth it?

Yeah man I would do it again if I still had a buggy.

The whole sport of rock bouncing is expensive and most of the drivers do it for the adrenaline rush and for the folks watching. The ones that usually do the long burnouts for no apparent reason are usually people that expect to spend minimum $1,000 every ride! If your worried about wearing out a tire how bad does it bother you to burn 2-3 gallons of $9 a gallon fuel while doing it?!

Re:

onepieceatatime said:
Better to leave it on the rocks then let Uncle Sam get his hands on it.

Unless you're not paying your taxes somehow uncle Sam got his share before you even bought the tires.

It's cool to an extent, after you can't see the rig anymore it's just dumb to me. Yea it sounds and smells good but you won't see me doing. I will heat em up for traction but that's it :smoke: