• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

F100 build

Whats your guess on wheelbase? You think you'll be able to get under 140"?
Ya, It will be what a stock short bed F100 is.

New question, How do you pulll a motor that is basicly sitting in the cab. I have the front bulkhead mocked up and tacked in place and it pushed my motor way back. I could raise the motor, but to get it high enough to clear it, it just makes it too high. I can't drop it out the bottom, because it would have to slide back atleast 20"s to clear the lower arms. I may have to use a forklift with 8' arms and pick it out that way :dunno:. Or make a removable piece at my windshied and pulll the windshield at the same time to pull the motor.
Similar to what he has here. This is what I am thinking. His motor is a little more forward, because the A arm is more like a buggy A arm. It's all tube frame which gives him alittle more play area. Plus I think his front is out a little further.

attachment.php

Pull out the interior like a Van motor, or make the shock tower brace across the top removeable.

Having to pop your windshield everytime would bring the MAJOR suck.

How do you like the GMR bulkhead so far?

How do you like the GMR bulkhead so far?

So far so good, it needs instructions though. I guess there all different, I have to set this one up at an angle to get my antidive and curve correct. The lower has to be at a 4-2 degree angle. My buddys set his up level and got the anti dive out of the towers. too much math involved for me , but I'll power through it.

Well that finger healed up yet? Enough to have some progress
NO,............ and I'm going back in for surgery today. The doc wants to tuck the fingernail back into the finger. It's kind of starting to come out at the back. I think there going to reshape one side where it's not healing correctly also.

Starting to work on the truck agian. I managed to get the front end tacked in place. I ended up having to cut out the firewall for clearance. As of now I have a good 13"s of up travel. Should be real close to the same for the down travel. More than likely I will strap it at 12". It's actually setting pretty close to ride height. It sits now at 18" and at full bump I should have 5" under the front. Thats actually kind of high. Most of the trucks have about 2"-3" at full bump, some even lower. The track width is about 2" + wider than stock.
ry%3D400.jpg

Flexing out. I think my motor is alittle off set.
ry%3D400.jpg

Part of the Yframe supporting the lower bulkhead.
ry%3D400.jpg

Sporting that classic TT stance. It's starting to take shape.
A buddy of mine is coming over this weekend to check to see if i'm ok where everything sits. Then it's back to adding tube, hopefully get the engine mounted and the front engine cage done.
I pulled a line from front to rear and I may be off by 1/16 at the most. I can live with that. Considering the truck is 35 years old thats not too bad.

Damn, how the hell have I missed this ! Thats why your number in my phone says Bradass... because you are ! I love this concept, wish I could do this with my Scout build on the frontend that is cool as all hell man ! drool

Bones said:
OMG a Scout with IFS...The **** you would catch from IH dorks

F them dorks ! Its already a bastard abomination LOL Chevy drivetrain and Ford axles ! :woot: Cant wait to see Brad's truck hitting some JUMPS !! :driving:

P said:
F them dorks ! Its already a bastard abomination LOL Chevy drivetrain and Ford axles ! :woot: Cant wait to see Brad's truck hitting some JUMPS !! :driving:

As your sig line states......Brad has some gamble in em so it'll be a good show when he does it the jumps! :popcorn:

Ya, I've stared at it about 100 times over the past few months. He's put over 3000 dirt miles on it since he finished it a few months ago. I believe this one and the 74 ford prerunner build are running buggy front ends that have been grafted onto the truck Theres alot of f100's being built on RD site, but I've only seen two that have A arms. The rest are running beams. I set my motor up today and got it to the front enough to get a cherry picker on it to pull it. Plus I figured out the game plan on my seats. I am going to use the stock sliders that came with the truck. They just fit to good not to use them. I'll have plenty of room to move the seat forward to access bolts to get the seats out.

Heres a video thats pretty cool. Who sings the song in the video?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4we_i64DUqY#ws