• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Favorite trail/hill/obstacle/line

Gotcha. Sounds good. I'll plan on seeing y'all around 9:30-10. Was hoping that Josh could make it....but he says he's got a bday part to go to.

Ain't scared. Just don't like getting myself into hanging off a cliff or something without knowing it first.

Re:

With a skilled driver, a fully locked rig on whatever sized tires could make it. I beat the brakes off mine for two solid days and broke in the middle of it. Skill and luck on a mini rig would play a big part. I think sub 100 wb would be hard to make the drop off, but could still be doable.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

That rig looks to be fine for lions den some people have went through in less than 5 minutes And wider rigs have a harder time than Toyota and Zuks

Yea, from the videos I saw it looks like width is more of an issue than anything else.

Re:

lowbudgetjunk said:
With a skilled driver, a fully locked rig on whatever sized tires could make it. I beat the brakes off mine for two solid days and broke in the middle of it. Skill and luck on a mini rig would play a big part. I think sub 100 wb would be hard to make the drop off, but could still be doable.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

X2. hitit

Your Cherokee wouldn't have much issue in Lions Den. Only part I see you fighting for a minute is trying to pull your rear end through the squeeze between the rock and tree. There's a tight left turn there with scattered rocks with slime all over them if it's rained at all. Usually it just takes a few back and forths to get it on anything Jeep width or wider. I've been there and seen less "built" Cherokees make it without much issue.

My favorites:

Tellico - Slickrock & Peckerwood (spelling?)

Harlan - Lil Jagger, Middle Rock Garden (fun trying different lines), Lions Den (bonus line is interesting too)

The Flats - Laurel Lane

Gulches - 3D, Twisted Intentions, Apple Pie, Testosteroad, Papa Gulch

The Luke said:
Yea, from the videos I saw it looks like width is more of an issue than anything else.

I have never dropped in lions den and never will. That's the only trail at Harlan I have no interest in. I like to stop by on big weekends and watch but more times than not someone is broke in the middle of it, and then it's hell to fix or get out.

I didn't think Lions Den was that difficult. We took 2 toyotas through there a couple years ago, and beside the drop in (which doesnt' have much to catch you if you superman'd off it) the rest is about like the middle rock garden, just a nice little crawl and some ledges.

Basically that squeeze tree is just a good place to scuff up a nice rig (my rigs are never nice so that wasnt an issue)

I wanted to try some of the alternate lines in and out, but it was early on our first day and started piss-pouring rain as we were exiting.

I agree, but there's just something about it that I don't like, hard to describe.

Favorite Park: GMP (Area BFE would be if it weren't on the other side of the country)
Favorite Trail: Pritchett Canyon
Favorite Obstacle: Honey Bee (trail 32, GMP)

Favorite park: Harlan
Favorite trail: Rail Trail at Windrock
Favorite obstacle: (ever) Slickrock at Tellico
(currently) TeePee at Chocco

Honorable mentions: Honeybee, Guardrail, Your Turn, Whale Rock on Mason Jar (when you HAD to go across it), Schoolbus at Windrock, Trail 5 and Crackhead at GMP, Upper 2 and Fish Fossil

Jellico, Roberts revenge
Spring tx we rock grand nationals, it was a 6' deep 5' wide ditch cut in a circle around a 3' diameter island you had to drive around. Everybody but Jesse Haines looked foolish.
Trials training center sequatchie tn, had a 20 foot drop straight into a house sized boulder. Terrible obstacle, but watching 1 ballsy mfer make it was incredible

CHASMAN9 said:
Good call... :dblthumb: Lower 2 got my attention a number of times as well. :driving:

ADMINISTRATOR

back when we used to all still have rigs with blinkers and such, we'd do "Blinker Runs" down schoolbus at night with just the hazard flashers on. molaugh Good times

I think my favorite so far has been trail 15 at windrock. I have a blast melting all four on the ledges towards the end.