• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Full 40 spline 14 bolt rear

Fire Freak said:
Who can build me a 14 bolt rear with full 40 spline inner and outer. How much would it cost?

That's a really open ended question but I'll get the conversation started.

Option 1: Full fabbed housing with dropout 3rd and chromoly 40 spline spindles. torqmotorsports.com (what I personally run)

Option 2: Junkyard housing, Solid 40 spline Dana 60 spindles and wheel hubs.

Option 3: Junkyard housing, Weaver Fab 2005+ Super Duty UB cups https://www.weaverfabrication.com/product/2005-unit-bearing-cups/. If I had to build another rear this is most likely what I would do.

Be sure to budget in a 40 spline spool, shafts, inner axle seals, brakes, etc.

Correct me if im wrong but cant you just use a 40 spline spool then bore the spindles and run the neverlift shafts? or run the 40/30 neverlift shafts? but I know that does away with a true 40 spline all the way across.

1tfrot said:
gonna have a front axle that will hold up to what you're building for the rear?

Keep that sumbich on dig and you can get away with a D44 front (hp of course)

Like a mud dragster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TBItoy said:
Keep that sumbich on dig and you can get away with a D44 front (hp of course)

Like a mud dragster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

depends on the use of the rig ;)

Below you can see how an itemization of my rear axle build. I'm not quite finished buying parts either. Oh yeah, and there's no labor either.

Edit: The spool is a 40 spline unit from 40spline.com. The bearing cups and 40 spline drive slugs are from Weaver Fabrication. I plan on having Branik machine the shafts.

Attachments

• bad_dude.jpg
    bad_dude.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 408
waggener1 said:
Below you can see how an itemization of my rear axle build. I'm not quite finished buying parts either. Oh yeah, and there's no labor either.

Edit: The spool is a 40 spline unit from 40spline.com. The bearing cups and 40 spline drive slugs are from Weaver Fabrication. I plan on having Branik machine the shafts.

Great list !

May I ask you to add a column for brand and part numbers of everything ?

Option 2: Junkyard housing, Solid 40 spline Dana 60 spindles and wheel

[/quote] who can put the spindles on for me and where do I get the spindles?