• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Genius tires?

Something about them being 22 ply airplane tires or something, imported and recapped, or maybe it was recapped and imported. Maybe a good mud tire, but I don't see a 22 ply tire being worth much of a **** for low psi crawling.

I checked them out before I bought the SX stickies, I felt about the same way Josh does, seemed that they would be a bit stiff for what we do. I just did not see them being rock crawling / bouncing tires, but you never know until you try them, they may be great.

I got a nice creek bottom that someone is welcome to try them in. My cut boggers ain't doing the trick on this one damn hill out of my creek I can't climb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Considering that they are recaps on regular tires ( you can clearly see bfg a/t, toyo open country, etc on the sidewalls) I doubt they are airplane tires lol.

TBItoy said:
Considering that they are recaps on regular tires ( you can clearly see bfg a/t, toyo open country, etc on the sidewalls) I doubt they are airplane tires lol.

One of the designs is also offered in a 43" size to be compared to the 43" TSL's, and is actually quite a bit taller than the 43" TSL. That is the tire that I read about being a 20 or 22 ply airplane tire. I just assumed the link the OP posted was about that tire specifically. Was not aware they had a full line of tires. One even looks like a Simex knockoff. And yes, the smaller sizes all look to be recaps as well, from standard market mud tires.

Scott Goforth has several pics of them on Facebook, and Brandon Dillon is supposed to be trying out a set of the 43's. From what I gathered, to give the company feedback on what works/don't work, and changes that need to be made in order for it to accel in the extreme offroad world.

:dblthumb:

TacomaJD said:
Something about them being 22 ply airplane tires or something, imported and recapped, or maybe it was recapped and imported. Maybe a good mud tire, but I don't see a 22 ply tire being worth much of a **** for low psi crawling.
Sticky sx has a stiff sidewall and I dont run low psi. Hook like hell. If the tread is as soft as a sticky sx you wouldn't get one ride out of them as big as the voids in the treads are. :****:

Re:

I would try a set for 20in wheels or 16.5s. A 7000+ lb rig will test to see if the recaps would come off

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

TacomaJD said:

on the bright side they should be nearly indestructible...

Re: Re: Genius tires?

uhamu7un.jpg

Saw these on Brandon's buggy today and was wondering what they were, then I saw this thread. Not only are the lugs spaced way out, they are DEEP, like 3" deep, they are definitely some mean looking meats. Kinda resemble some of the mud tires you see on four wheelers with there tread depth and profiles

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"There on airplane casings way to heavy and there 22 ply. if u put them on beadlocks the bolts would have to 2.5 long and that's too much ....the 43" are $650 plus freight." From Scott Goforth

He is looking into have some put on super Swamper casings.

Latest posts