• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

HAR - Hardline Forum Ride - October 10-12, 2014

Any kind of hardline shirt would be sweet I think but no matter what it will be great to be apart of this ride and get to meet everyone

JohnG said:
Good to know. If we divide up, we can set a time to meet there. As to tire size in groups. I have done that before, but for this ride where most everyone knows only a few IRL (In Real Life), I feel it is best to let folks ride with who they are comfortable with.

I am so looking forward to this.
Harlan is a great place for everyone because you can bypass most of the big stuff if you need to except for mason jar it will be a great time you can check out the map on the parks website and get a idea how it is all laid out and be getting some ideas

AdamF said:
How about Hardline sleeping bags since all the cabine are taken and some of us will be sleeping in the truck? :****:

There are several houses that can be rented. The yellow one is legit but parking isn't great. We got a 38' tag along trailer in there one time though, it was interesting.

I am supposed to have a spot in a cabin but if it doesn't work out i'll probably tent camp at the cabins. That sewer smell is too much for me.

AdamF said:
How about Hardline sleeping bags since all the cabine are taken and some of us will be sleeping in the truck? :****:

I should have one half of a queen, full or the floor open in my camper. Hell, might be a full and the floor open, don't know yet. All I know is I will have power with a heater a blazing. Beats the **** out of chattering teeth all night.

lowbudgetjunk said:
I should have one half of a queen, full or the floor open in my camper. Hell, might be a full and the floor open, don't know yet. All I know is I will have power with a heater a blazing. Beats the **** out of chattering teeth all night.
I was just being a smart ass. Trying to get a camper set up on my gooseneck before this trip.

No shame in putting a tent on the trailer or sleeping under the camper top :****: thats where I will be, seems like I sleep better over there wheeling than I do at home sometimes

easleycrawler said:
It will be comfortable, but chilly.

Underquilt, or an over bag. No problem.

We hiked/camped the honey creek trail last winter with a low temp of 19 I think? Maybe colder

I put a big cheap square sleeping bag on the outside of my hammock if it's below freezing.

Re:

What's everybody's food plan? I gotta eat...a lot. I guess the diner win town will be a good breakfast spot, any place to buy groceries/snacks/etc in town, or do I need to plan to bring trail food from home?

Re:

TacomaJD said:
What's everybody's food plan? I gotta eat...a lot. I guess the diner win town will be a good breakfast spot, any place to buy groceries/snacks/etc in town, or do I need to plan to bring trail food from home?

There is a grocery store in town. It's cheap, we always just drive the rig and pick up grocerys in town. Just bring your booze.

The dairy hut is not open for breakfast but there is a dinner on in town that serves it and there is a subway also as for snacks and other groceries there is a store about 100yards from the dairy hut that will serve all your needs for food, I usually do a cold breakfast poptarts and breakfast bars then pack things for lunch and snack on then do dairy hut for supper. It's best to keep food with you because you may be on the trail for awhile if someone breaks down, I was in the same place for 5 hours last year on Lower Damnation cod locked because there was such a large group and a yota broke a birfield and locked up the front axle they changed it there and it took awhile

Other breakfast option is the gas station opposite of the road from dairyhut has decent biscuits, usually get breakfast there on the way into the trails, also top off fuel and get ice for the day, one stop - good to go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re:

There is also a Dollar General across the street from the grocery store and a Family dollar up the street, we usually grab trail snacks at one or the other.

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk