• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hard to find odd ball Dana 60 shaft

If his WMS is around 62-63" the best way IMO would be a C&C 14 bolt which is 62 3/4" WMS. With bigger Dana 60 shafts, Casey is going to start breaking ring and pinions. You can chop the bottom of a 14 bolt to be almost the same ground clearance of a 60. This would be a lot less expensive too.

If his WMS is around 62-63" the best way IMO would be a C&C 14 bolt which is 62 3/4" WMS. With bigger Dana 60 shafts, Casey is going to start breaking ring and pinions. You can chop the bottom of a 14 bolt to be almost the same ground clearance of a 60. This would be a lot less expensive too.

Thanks Corey. lots of great info. I have a stock used shaft on its way. When Bobby gets back from the hammers i will see if he can cryo it for me. But Coreys right i need to do some thing different in the long run. Man 42s to 44s Didnt seam like to big of a differance. I guess my right foot is getting heavyer after all.

Might give these guys a hollar, I've been eyeballing a set. Seems to be a pretty smokin' deal on a nice product

Jantz can do it 3605982773 $450 a set cromo
includes berrings retainers and studs
just have an old berring and Axel shaft for mesurements
and example ask for Carl :awesomework:

Mark why not just bore the 60 spindles?

Long story, but the end result was I have used up parts I already had, and gain some benefit at the same time, for basically the same effort and costs.

PM me some info?

I'll send you a PM if you need. But short story is you get a D60 center of your choice ($50 or free rear housing works fine, sell yours). Lop the spindles off an inexpensive 14-bolt housing, have tomsbrokeagain weld them on your 60 housing nice and strait. If you want to stay 8-lug then just run whoever's disc brackets, 3/4T rotors and go. If you want to machine the 14b hubs down to 5 on 5.5 you have that option. I think you have to go weld-on brackets with the 5 lug however.

Shafts will run about $300 or so for a set of Dutchman's with the 14b flange and 35-spline ends. Or Ballistic and Solid are making some pretty sweet stuff now :cool:

Hes not sure he thinks maybe he can... He wants me to ship him my old axle. That wont be cheap...Its heavy.... But thanks for the help.

Ware are you from I'm going thare this fri to have my reAr 60 bored out
we can meet and I can bring it to him:awesomework:

Ware are you from I'm going thare this fri to have my reAr 60 bored out
we can meet and I can bring it to him:awesomework:

Thanks I droped it off with my buddy Anthony's has gonna run it out their for me. But an adress or directions would be helpful. Thnks for all the help hope he can do it.:awesomework:

I have two Dana 60 5 lugs. One is a 30 spline and the other is a 35 spline small shaft, 354s and a powerloc.

Thanks I droped it off with my buddy Anthony's has gonna run it out their for me. But an adress or directions would be helpful. Thnks for all the help hope he can do it.:awesomework:
Jantz Engineering
20555 Pugh Road Northeast, Poulsbo, WA 98370-9021
(360)*598-2773

:awesomework: