• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hardline Crawlers

InittowiniT said:
Out of the loop person here is there still going to be a ride the 9th?

I just noticed you have been here over 12 years and are one of the 50 first members of this site. I bet you have seen a lot change over the years. What are your thoughts on all of this and all of us dumbasses that came after you?

Been a lot of ups and downs! But you can tell from my post count that I've mainly lurked those years. Hardline was born from Chaos :popcorn: Which sounds like a Van Dam Movie, But it was a different time no group texts no social media. Just like minded people who saw each other at Gray Rock or Tellico or Morris Mtn. or even Gardendale. Cole was just starting Ricky was in a Cherokee. Hokey ass 4links on tj springs. People got on here everyday just to see a pic of trail riding or some new tech trick. John G. was the **** ( Baller ) Matt O was excited and TJ was cut up and cut up again P was rockin Junkyard Gold.
You used to have to look at the post count of a topic to find the conservation of the day ( maybe in a for sale add maybe in Bones Rental add). Everyone was thick skinned and genuine, but those days are gone I'm 49 two kids other responsibility's but still check everyday. Plus people now want drama or bullshit but I have seen a lot of new people come and act like they own hardline but no ONE does. I have also seen some great people go but I think they are just busy with life. My .02

muddinmetal said:
Why not schedule a Hardline Forum Members ride and rock on?
Last time someone tried to have an official ride every one got their panties in a knot.

Getting everyone together is awesome but doesn't fix the short comings of the site.

Inittowinit that was an awesome post.

Still after people post on here and talks of starting another site, no one has offered a viable solution on how to just update the site.... there has to be someone on here that gives a **** to not let HL die.
Like you said no ONE does, But It seems like one or two are holding it back.

Eddyj said:
Last time someone tried to have an official ride every one got their panties in a knot.

Getting everyone together is awesome but doesn't fix the short comings of the site.

Inittowinit that was an awesome post.

Still after people post on here and talks of starting another site, no one has offered a viable solution on how to just update the site.... there has to be someone on here that gives a **** to not let HL die.
Like you said no ONE does, But It seems like one or two are holding it back.

No one could stop use from having a ride full of forum members. They can stop anyone from calling it an official HL ride

9f4a2fd98e53eb7f15e513ec37d55e42.jpg

Still does nothing to fix the site.

Sent from my iPhone using Kel's penis as a stylist

muddinmetal said:
No one could stop use from having a ride full of forum members. They can stop anyone from calling it an official HL ride

What are they going to do, bleed on you?

HLC isn't dying from what I can tell. I'm hoping there will be a fix soon enough.

Well I sure as hell hope someone is frantically doing something to save hardline. The people wanting to start another forum if this doesn't get updated aren't playing they have help from other forums and their administrators, they have domain secured. They are getting their ducks in a row. Someone please do something to save this forum. Too much history and time have been put into this just to let it die.

Is having a couple of scheduled rides a year and some minor updates to the forum that are long overdue really that big of an ordeal?

I'm confused. If MattO is saying no to updating or relinquishing the site. What else is there to do?

Granted, I don't fully understand who "owns" the site.

We can start over, newish name or the same name maybe, new server etc. We then can leave this the way it is for searching
We can try and upgrade this site but all the experts say its not worth it and we probably will loose previous data
We can keep it the same and deal with it.

bbone said:
We can start over, newish name or the same name maybe, new server etc. We then can leave this the way it is for searching
We can try and upgrade this site but all the experts say its not worth it and we probably will loose previous data
We can keep it the same and deal with it.

Those are three options or the 4th option as mentioned by Speeding (RickyB), is to keep "Old" Hardline for searching etc but also have a "New" version of Hardline that has some of the upgrades mentioned above.

I like option 4.

Yall realize that YOU are Hardline right ? Make it great again, let's have a ride, all the stuff is what YOU do. Hardline has always been the culture of Southern Wheeling not one or 2 dudes that started a forum. :****:

Hardline Crawlers as a Club unfortunately is dead, sad reality. Hardline Forum and Hardliners like y'all are still doing what you do.

Migration of the info here to a new format is almost impossible it's not going to disappear but it's not feasible to update it being it's beyond updates and all that other techy stuff I don't know. We've had this conversation repeatedly Fellars. . Let's look forward and become new and relevant. Go wheel , have beers, build and break ****. Talk about how half asses your latest project is ( OK that's just me right... ) Have fun , do ****