• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Harlan 8-1 weekend

P said:
Trust me you can fully get it in 2wd.... you need to go ride the access trails at Harlan with the Mud Devils, I think Travis broke one of my kidneys loose from its limit strap last night in 2wd ! laughing1

Sure you can....but I can drive way faster on access roads in 4wd than in 2wd in my buggy is all I am saying.

Harlan would be a great place for a 10-12 mile race. It could be an east coast KOH (King of Harlan).

FWIW, I ran the fast stuff in 4-high open/open. My rig steers better with 4wd.

Mine just takes ALOT of input... Im like 500 turns lock to lock, still fun as **** to run those trails full throttle that was a blast, I quit worryin about the front drive vibe if it woulda flew out it was worth it cause that **** be fun ! laughing1

Yeah I was blasting around in 4h the whole time, handles much better that way. That was definately a fun part of the trip, going fast is fun and having a V8 is nice!

I accidentally hit Pinball in 4hi and didn't realize till I was at the top trying to figure out where to go from there. Was very surprised I had wheelspeed for that, I usually don't in 4hi

I cant wait to see the Cole Shirley intro to Harlan Vid... laughing1

[ExtremelyLoudBadSingingVoice] Gawd is gawd ! and he always will be Gawd !! [/ExtremelyLoudBadSingingVoice]

GNorton said:
Don't forget da bees! I got stung on the elbow and it is still itching like hell.

laughing1

GStone " Hold up , he's stuck in a B Hole

P " That didnt sound good! "

Greg started with the Ghost Ride the whip, then turned it into the mailman riding in the passenger side ( see the pic I posted look close winching over the boulder... ) The Cougars Den is awesome pepper.gif..... oh wait Lions Den laughing1

P said:
I cant wait to see the Cole Shirley intro to Harlan Vid... laughing1

[ExtremelyLoudBadSingingVoice] Gawd is gawd ! and he always will be Gawd !! [/ExtremelyLoudBadSingingVoice]

Yeah I have a plan. I felt bad videoing it though.
I am converting the video now and it is taking forever, so it will probably be tomorrow before I have any videos posted.
Oh yeah if I had seen Marks Cruiser buggy on rockwells before I required all my parts, I would have probabaly went back with rockwells.
That thing is BadAss. :drinkers:

Figured I'd join up here after meeting you guys this weekend. Had a freaking blast and it was good to wheel with yall. The bees were terrible, but it was interesting watching homeboy fight them with his homemade torch.

Hurry up with that video Cole ;D

Until next time....

-Austin

wngrog said:
Sure you can....but I can drive way faster on access roads in 4wd than in 2wd in my buggy is all I am saying.

Faster, yes. Touching the edge of out of control, more fun in 2wd. Broadside around the hairpins is just plain fun.

The pillow block mount is doing something crazy, so its time for a rework. Its been like that for months now with no issues. :dunno:

And yes, I see a set of BFGs in my near future. I guess I'll have to buy two sets with the durability issues they have.

under_psi said:
ok...maybe i am missing something, but i thought that Gstone sold his buggy....???

It's a long story. Lets just say he is still wheeling the hell out of it.

Cole said:
Oh yeah if I had seen Marks Cruiser buggy on rockwells before I required all my parts, I would have probabaly went back with rockwells.
That thing is BadAss. :drinkers:

It's not to late, there seem to be plenty of rocks around here. ;D You'd just need to figure out how to make some bigger stickys.

rock mafia said:
It's not to late, there seem to be plenty of rocks around here. ;D You'd just need to figure out how to make some bigger stickys.

Hell I would almost be tempted to run Reds with Rocks. After Cream puff last night, I think Mark is all about some stickies now.

Matt, stop hatin' on the tired old TBI 350. It has had its day...but its coming to an end VERY soon. Look for the pass on the outside next time. :flipoff1:

wngrog said:

mine too....4hi @ 78mph at one point according to tomtom. Great time, see yall in a couple of months.

I got a couple videos uploaded and will get the rest later. I woke up this morning and my Stepdad was cleaning a lot of old **** off the computer so it will be faster. So I couldn't work on any of them this morning and will be later this afternoon before I can get to the rest.

P on some trail, I can't remember the names of the trails.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKkX5zv3aYY

MattO on a little ledge.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlcpwPrUvno

Cole said:
I got a couple videos uploaded and will get the rest later. I woke up this morning and my Stepdad was cleaning a lot of old **** off the computer so it will be faster. So I couldn't work on any of them this morning and will be later this afternoon before I can get to the rest.

MattO on a little ledge.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlcpwPrUvno

The one with P was the exit to Mason's Jar, mine was Railbed I believe

Cole said:

Damn P, what are you 18 lock to lock. damn your hands are flying trying to keep up. You gotta fix that.

Latest posts