• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Helmet wearers

So those of you who have helmets---do you wear them all the time?

Discuss...

this year I wear a helmet everytime I wheel, I also stepped it up and got 5 point seat belts. I like to play hard and play safe. :redneck:

this year I wear a helmet everytime I wheel, I also stepped it up and got 5 point seat belts. I like to play hard and play safe. :redneck:

The whole reason I ask--is you typicly see guys put them on in certain situations. But yet most injuries I hear about---are never on the hard areas that most deem time to put the helmet on...

The whole reason I ask--is you typicly see guys put them on in certain situations. But yet most injuries I hear about---are never on the hard areas that most deem time to put the helmet on...

your right I wear it all the time and I also put on my 5 points everytime you never know what can happen:;

I just installed a cage in my rig and am looking at getting a helmet. What type do most of you wear?

I wear a pro tec helmet It is my old skateboard helmet. I like it because its not huge and heavy and it doesnt restrict my vision . My buddys have been buying the snow board helmets thay are slimmer and look cooler.

Get 'em while they're hot: $37 + shipping.

BKMAT.jpg

K2 Clutch Helmet:

The K2 Clutch Helmet has a low-pro, all-business style, backed up with serious impact protection. With its exposed rivets and matte finish, this EPS lid stays about as far from the geriatric groomer-cruiser look as you do from the groomers. Passive venting keeps you cool on the down, and the Clutch

Get 'em while they're hot: $37 + shipping.

BKMAT.jpg

K2 Clutch Helmet:

The K2 Clutch Helmet has a low-pro, all-business style, backed up with serious impact protection. With its exposed rivets and matte finish, this EPS lid stays about as far from the geriatric groomer-cruiser look as you do from the groomers. Passive venting keeps you cool on the down, and the Clutch

there is a thread by big rich over on pirate, this year helmet rules have changed some.

i wear a snowboard helmet, in the past i only broke out helmets on big dog days but i am seeing the same things as mike. the really bad ones seem to happen just driving down the dirt roads...

i am painting a helmet to match my whilly...:fawkdancesmiley:

wait now that i think about it, im not really sure i want a green whilly:eeek:

was just thinking the other day about how to incorporate helmet storage in the whilly also.

Helmets

It's a toss-up, start my buggy then put it on or put it on then start my rig. I have been trying to lead by example by wareing one all this summer hoping my buddies will follow. Their a little thick in the head as it's not working yet.
However, I'll keep trying:awesomework:

In the last 4 years since I bought my buggy I have worn one once but should wear one every time behind the wheel. Its a smart thing to do, I just havent got in a habbit of doing it yet.

There's a good pick of Patches w/ his helmet on in the RRR Halloween run--some picked on him, but he's doin the right thing...:awesomework: Me? not that smart yet...:redneck: I agree, with what could happen, a helmet is a smart thing.....:awesomework:

I basically judge my helmet wearing on how stupid I'm going to be that day. But like you say mike, accidents arent always planned. If my son see's me wearing a helmet than he wants to be like dad and wear his. My helmet is comp legal and a bit heavy. I do like that one posted below. I, going to check into that one.

I took a pretty hard roll on the moon rocks last month and was glad I had mine on.

:cool:

A decent skatboarding/biking/snowboarding helmet would go a long way towards keeping your noggin in one piece if it came into contact with any part of the cage during a roll. Easier to do than covering the whole cage in padding, too.

[EDIT]: Yep, I'm captain obvious this morning.... :fawkdancesmiley:

Last edited:
I slap this on when things get stupid...Giro Flak Red Creep
p4323225dt.jpg

Also considered this one...Bell Faction Matte Black
FactionMatteBlack.jpg

Probably should wear it full time...you never know when the shiat will hit the fan. What happened to Trash & Peanut is a good example...I doubt he planned on launching his fluorescent toyota of the logging road that day :fawkdancesmiley:

If people were really concerned about safety, they would wear a helmet when riding in any moving vehicle. I'm surprised its not already a law or required by insurance companies. Seems like daily drivers should have better roll over protection as well.