• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

HOG WILD new build from Tucker's OffRoad

Rockwells607

Ive built several turn key rigs now and none of which were for myself so it was time to tear down jimmy smith number 1 and move into my own chassis. I wanted something outside the box and different but something that worked well on hills and rocks. This is what I came up with and I figured either people will love it or hate it because it's loud, bright and in your face.
Specs:
-383 stroker with Holley Terminator EFI
-th400 4,000 stall
-NP205 twin sticked
-Rockwells with 16 spline Ouverson shafts
- Fox 2.0 coil overs / bumps
-PRP 3" seat belts
-PRP custom seats with logo in head rest
-PRP tool bag
-TCI dirt track shifter
-AutoMeter gauges
- Wilwood master cylinders
-PSC steering
- custom polished stainless steel fuel cell
- Raceline double beadlocks
-43" stickie sx tires
- 12" light bar
- 180* Schoenfeld headers
- Speedway Aluminum radiator with Taurus Fan
- full motor skid and plastic belly skid

This buggy was tailored to me, I fit like a glove and it handles like a one ton buggy, so far I'm very impressed with the power and throttle response from the fuel injection however Holleys tech service has been terrible. The Prp seats are very comfortable and this buggy seems to flat out work. I still plan to pannel the sides and wrap it with a hog and some lettering . I have a custom set of black beadlock rings in the works as well. This buggy was built to trail ride and bounce . I have a Nitrous works kit for it as well but I am going to wait on installing it till I get use to this buggy and the Fuel injection until I introduce it.

Thanks. Getting a rock buggy to sit low can be done it just takes planning and patients. Sometimes that means redoing some things a few times . Retrofitting rocks into an original ton buggy seems to be a different story . Building from scratch is the way to go IMO if you want a low slung rock buggy . I'm still messing with the tuning but it's getting better everyday

Re:

Yeah I'm gonna need one just like that with a bit more storage in the back and bit more muffler

Awesome rig. Love the stance on rocks

Tap photo for video
Had it out yesterday finishing the last of my test n tune rides . I'm satisfied with how it's running now and I feel confident navigating the efi hand held control. It runs 200* or less on 90* day. Suspension seems to work great . Next ride will be a good park . I've been hesitant to get lost in the woods or far from the trailer yet until I felt comfortable with the rig . I do need to get the pannels done soon because it covers the cockpit in mud/dirt I'll post pics when it's panneled and graphics are on

You got any good pics or who's products did you use?
I'm going to need some front end pics of that truss/bump stop thing you got going on.

It has a one ton truck rear drive shaft and rubber mounted carrier . However all the other buggies I've built have either the wide open design setup or a pillow block . I just built one for a buddy using the pillow block and the one ton truck rear drive shaft that was two piece and cut it down. They have a provision already for carrier bearing I just used a different style from stock. If you have access to a lathe it's an easy job to mate the two diameters

This is the wide open version I just did. The pillow block version is a simple bearing you can look up on Amazon that looks basically the same and is much cheaper. If you have a stock shaft to cut down it is a good option. This WOD unit is easy to use and comes with a mounting option . I cut it apart so I didn't hafta change the chassis mount but it was still easy and nice a strong .