• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

how good is F.O.A coil overs 2.5 shafts

smitty0u812

I was just wanting to know if anyone has ran them and could tell me what kind of service they have got out of them good and bad

Interested to see whats said here.....just ordered some saturday myself. Ive read the good and bad on different forums...what say you hardline?

I ordered a set of FOA 4 coilovers and 4 airbumps a couple years back. Waited and they were never shipped. Called ,emailed pm's on Pirate all just kept leading me along. I finally canceled my order and eventually got a REFUND. Yes they charged me up front before the shock were made.
I ordered the same parts from FOX and received them withing a week.
Looking back I am very glad I did what I did because if I need a shock shaft, body,shims whatever I can get those parts and make repairs.
I know a lot of people run FOX, Sway-away and King for that reason. Think a couple years down the road when you want to reseal will they be in business to purchase parts from? Just my opinion. thumb.gif

not sure about the 2.5 ,i have the 2.0 on gin and juice rig,they started leaking from day one with no rides. talk to some guy at foa ,he said they would fix them . not sure if i want to go through the trouble of removing them ,sending them ,waiting on them ,reinstalling them and it happen again,when i can just buy a set that i know will work.

Cole said:
just remember you get what you pay for
X2. I have delt with foa garbage one time. You will be regretting it and losing money that you could have put towards fox.

I got my fox's from EOR. They tuned them and swapped springs with me multiple times through the mail till they were perfect. They did all that for not much more than you could just order all the parts off ebay for! :****:

my 2.5 ext resy shocks leaked from day 1 and had to be rebuilt after every race ,they suc ass and it takes about 3 weeks if you send em back to get rebuilt and they will tell you the shafts are scratched even if they haven't been used so there you go just buy fox or kings and don't look back.

kool thanks for all the info on the shocks what has been everyones costs on the kings and fox shocks the only reason i was thinking F.O.A was because they are cheep priced but i seen another brand the other day that was prices decent called BIG SHOCKS has any one delt with them thanks guys even if i could find some used coilovers i would buy used im not to picky

smitty0u812 said:
kool thanks for all the info on the shocks what has been everyones costs on the kings and fox shocks the only reason i was thinking F.O.A was because they are cheep priced but i seen another brand the other day that was prices decent called BIG SHOCKS has any one delt with them thanks guys even if i could find some used coilovers i would buy used im not to picky

If you can't afford a quality shock, then save up. You get what you pay for. Why waste money to have a shitty or no name coilover. :****:

Re: Re: how good is F.O.A coil overs 2.5 shafts

What are you going to do with the shocks? Racing? Trailer queen? Trail rig? That makes a difference. Foa sell thousands of shocks a year. Most work fine for the intended purpose. If you are racing ultra 4 then you need a better shock than a trail rig that goes out twice a year.

in saving mode now and your right you get what ya pay for and im building a rock bouncer style buggy but ant got that kind of money to brake my **** all to peaces so

I run Radflo and have had no issues all so great customer service. I rebuilt a set of foa shocks for a customer that had bolted them on his rig the day before. FOA shipped him the parts free of charge, but after disassembly their were fresh metal shavings. my .02

Re: Re: how good is F.O.A coil overs 2.5 shafts

ryan_25 said:
What are you going to do with the shocks? Racing? Trailer queen? Trail rig? That makes a difference. Foa sell thousands of shocks a year. Most work fine for the intended purpose. If you are racing ultra 4 then you need a better shock than a trail rig that goes out twice a year.
they should atleast make a trail before starting to leak, we installed them on gin and juice ,put 150 psi of nitrogen like they recommend and they started leaking. when they were ordered we told them for a crawler rig, not a bouncer .they didnt even make it through the photo shoot. mine will be for sale very soon CHEAP!!!!