• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hug your dog day...RIP buddy..

I feel for ya man, I really miss having a dog, just remember, you gave him as much joy as he gave you...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry man, losing a dog is the worst. I think I hurt more losing my last dog than when my brother passed........

Zjman said:
I feel for ya man, I really miss having a dog, just remember, you gave him as much joy as he gave you...

That's true and partly why it hurts. The joy they get when you arrive home from work or to just go for a walk outside, and of course the food. It's all they want in life and you can tell how much they love you for it.

Your heart will always have a place for him Tony, by the time a few weeks pass by it will be easier to keep on trucking. It's our only choice.

Re:

Eyes hurt like I've been at a funeral all day.

I don't know what I'll be doing tomorrow. I need to do something. It's odd not hearing him breathing when the TV goes silent.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Laughter is the best medicine. When I die, I don't want a bunch of sad assed mofos crying at my funeral. I want Misty to buy a couple kegs, everybody get toasy, and start telling funny stories about me. The dead don't want anybody to be sad, and I'd like to think your dog didn't either. So I hope this helps, Tony. Call me if you need anything, buddy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqW8riZ7lQg

Re:

Jus gonna go ride the bike some this weekend....tryn keep busy.

I keep looking at "his spot" when I'm home.

Sorry for your loss. We lost a chihuahua to cancer a few months ago that we had for 11 years. I've never had a pet dying affect me the way that one did. He was bat **** crazy but I loved the little bastard! Lol

So sorry for your loss Tony, but I too know that awful gut wrenching feeling all too well. A dogs love is like no other, it's genuine and always there. Like an old joke I was told many years ago, What's the difference between a dog and a good woman? A dog is still happy to see you when you come home drunk at 2 in the morning. (crickets) I keep 3 basset hounds at all times and after a bad day, they still make you laugh.

Thanks man....it sure was depressing coming home this morning after work and not hearing that "row row.....roooow rooooooow!".

Even though the wife wasn't too fond of the dog (messyness)...she's been supportive.

She said she'd lay in the floor and bark like he did if it would help. I said...only if you wear the same clothing he did. 8)

tonybolton said:
Thanks man....it sure was depressing coming home this morning after work and not hearing that "row row.....roooow rooooooow!".

Even though the wife wasn't too fond of the dog (messyness)...she's been supportive.

She said she'd lay in the floor and bark like he did if it would help. I said...only if you wear the same clothing he did. 8)

That sir, is a KEEPER. :dblthumb:

Re:

tonybolton said:
She's got her moments....as do I

More hers though, right? molaugh

We do the Bassett hound rescue program and have now had a total of 7 and everyone of them has a different personality and we still talk about getting more. We live on 8 acres of property and have about 3000 lft of Invisible fence ran throughout the woods for them to play in every day, but still love to see them run through the woods when we drive up. Love them hounds. :dblthumb:

CHASMAN9 said:
So sorry for your loss Tony, but I too know that awful gut wrenching feeling all too well. A dogs love is like no other, it's genuine and always there. Like an old joke I was told many years ago, What's the difference between a dog and a good woman? A dog is still happy to see you when you come home drunk at 2 in the morning. (crickets) I keep 3 basset hounds at all times and after a bad day, they still make you laugh.

Thems some good buddy's . Their personalities are Hilarious!

I hate it for you man, rough thing to go through. Having to put mine down last summer was tough, he was 16. Our vet was incredible dealing with all that and even sent us a signed card a few days after.

Right before Christmas we got 2 coon hound pups. They are a ton of fun and crazy as hell right now. Not a replacement by any means but after having dogs for the last 13 years, I couldn't stand not having one around. They are protective of my wife and that's a good thing. They come up to the shop and tear up all kinds of **** in the office, hopefully they get to the point of just laying around and chill out soon. :)

Re:

Thanks again guys....I appreciate it.

I definitely loved my first basset hound. A lil higher maintenance with ears and baths...but they have such a loving demeanor about them.

Sorry for you loss. We have had 7 dogs in the 30+ years we have been together. We have 2 currently (you have met them) cattle dogs (and they wheel with us). We know how hard it is when you lose one. They become part of your family form the moment you bring them home. And they will always be part of your family weather they are there or not.

grcthird said:
, hopefully they get to the point of just laying around and chill out soon. :)

My bloodhound Daisy is 5 now, still waiting on her to settle down and get lazy. You can't just simply pet the bitch, as soon as you get near her she's pawing at you trying to jump on you. She knocks the boys down, so they've pretty much written her off, which is sad. I feed her, try to pet her, get mad and go in the house. I love her, but hell... if she'd settle the fawk down, I may spend more time with her.

So your going to wait until she is too old to play to enjoy her? Tell your kids not to be little pussies and play with that dog. No really, its one of those things that your going to have to give her more attention before she doesn't go into full freak out mode when she gets attention. I know your not an " animal guy" but she just wants and needs the attention. Even after she is used to constant attention, she will meet and greet you with that same enthusiasm because she is happy to see you. You are pretty much her entire world. The duration of the intensity will decrease though with more attention. I challenge you to spend an hour a day messing with her and you will see a definite difference in the dog. Who knows, you may even grow attached and want to mess with her more. :****:

I'd give anything I could for my dog to be able to play with me again. They diagnosed her with cancer back in January but since about November shes been lazier and lazier. I'd literally trade anything for her to be better.