• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

irok 36 vs 37?

greenie

i vaguely remember reading someplace about the 36s being taller than the 37s, in the 15" rim size.
the specs do show them taller/wider.
what gives?
im guessing with rig weight, the 37s dont squat as much??

Yes, theyre technically taller, I have personally seen a set side by side and theyre about the same, i would maybe say the 36's are taller, but mroe balloony, if you want a more square, radial looking carcass go with the 37's.

4Wheelparts has the size specs....:awesomework:

I have looked at Interco's site as well, and this has been troubling me too.

I don't know wich ones to go with. I tried some 36's, and liked them, but when I turn the wheel they contact my spring. The 37 is shorter, but a little wider, so It may still hit the spring.

I know I shouldn't worry too much about it, as I can just space the wheel out a little, but the less spacing the better for what I am looking for.

You cant get a good answer from interco on the subject.

Just get a 38" then. They measure out at a little over 37" and aren't balloon-shaped. Ther're actually pretty light for a 38" tire too. I figured my D44's would be toast by now with these tires, but they're holding up very well.

i know that the 36 bias is taller than the 37 raidal.
my buddy blew a radial and replaced it with the 36 bias, and it was a bit taller.

Yes, theyre technically taller, I have personally seen a set side by side and theyre about the same, i would maybe say the 36's are taller, but mroe balloony, if you want a more square, radial looking carcass go with the 37's.

you seen em under rigs, or dismounted?
i wonder if you put them at wheeling psi, under a 4,000lb rig, if the "squarish" 37s would be sittin taller..

i have a set of 36x13.50x15 irok bias ply....... and on my toyota right now i have 38.5x15.x15 boggers and with my iroks off the truck and off the rim they are the same size height as my boggers so load is going to make a huge difference
i have never run the 37 irok but i sure like my 36 iroks and love my 38 boggers

if you are worried about rubbing why don't just add a wheel spacer? or are you worried about your tires sticking out the fender wheels.

Last edited:
I have 36" bias and my friend has 37" bias, both on 15" wheels. My wheels are beadlocked 15x8 so they are technically a 15x9 and his wheels are 15x8. The 37's are bigger but not by a lot.

Previous posts compared bias vs radial, the two will always measure differently because of the carcass construction.

My 36's gain probably 2-4" of height when i air them up. I normally run 1-5psi on trail, aired up is 15-25 (for storage).

The size is not enough to warrent more $$$ when buying. My friend bought the 37's because they were like $10 per tire cheaper.

Hi All:

I have buddies running both the 37X12.5R15 radial IROKs and the 36X12.5R15 bias-ply IROKs on the same rigs (SOA V-8 40 Series Land Cruisers.) The two tires do appear to be even in height while on the trucks. I would assume it has to do with the stouter construction of the bias-ply tires (though the radial IROKs have held up well so far.)

Regards,

Alan

Jayson in our club has bias 37's under his Subota---and they are like big 'ol round balloons! the 36's aren't quite as bad, but are taller than the 37's...IMHO the 36's in the 17" rim size look more proportionate (not near as balloon like) than 36's in a 15" rim size...

I have 36" bias and my friend has 37" bias, both on 15" wheels. My wheels are beadlocked 15x8 so they are technically a 15x9 and his wheels are 15x8. The 37's are bigger but not by a lot.

Previous posts compared bias vs radial, the two will always measure differently because of the carcass construction.

My 36's gain probably 2-4" of height when i air them up. I normally run 1-5psi on trail, aired up is 15-25 (for storage).

The size is not enough to warrent more $$$ when buying. My friend bought the 37's because they were like $10 per tire cheaper.

:awesomework:
bias vs. bias on rig is what i was lookin for.

you seen em under rigs, or dismounted?
i wonder if you put them at wheeling psi, under a 4,000lb rig, if the "squarish" 37s would be sittin taller..

both sets were under rigs, side by side, comparable setups mine a 5000lb s-10 and his 4000lb or lighter a toyota, I think we were at the same psi, i might have been lower, and we were about even... at that point youre splitting hairs and i felt the 36's performed better... personal opinion though! :D

I think there is more of an open tread pattern on the 36s even compared against the 37s....

^cool. so your sayin the smallest irok bias 15" rim would be the 37 then.
i found one other dude on pirate seen em both side by side and said 37s bigger? im actually curious which one is smaller so maybe my pile could turn them better with 4.56s

both sets were under rigs, side by side, comparable setups mine a 5000lb s-10 and his 4000lb or lighter a toyota, I think we were at the same psi, i might have been lower, and we were about even... at that point youre splitting hairs and i felt the 36's performed better... personal opinion though! :D

I think there is more of an open tread pattern on the 36s even compared against the 37s....
Hey, wait a minute here! Yours were basically new! :haha:

I think theyre about the same size too. If there was any major height difference it was due to the fact yours had more tread than mine, and you're right, its splitting hairs. If you are looking at something for a setup where that small of a difference makes or breaks it, I would look at something else to fix the problem (different offset wheels perhaps).

Id buy whichever is cheaper. I wanted 36s, ended up 37s used with 80% tread or so for less than 36s new obviously. I remember the tread being the same, but I could be wrong. I know mine are cut every other lug too, so that makes them look a little different.

~T.J.

Hey, wait a minute here! Yours were basically new! :haha:

I think theyre about the same size too. If there was any major height difference it was due to the fact yours had more tread than mine, and you're right, its splitting hairs. If you are looking at something for a setup where that small of a difference makes or breaks it, I would look at something else to fix the problem (different offset wheels perhaps).

Id buy whichever is cheaper. I wanted 36s, ended up 37s used with 80% tread or so for less than 36s new obviously. I remember the tread being the same, but I could be wrong. I know mine are cut every other lug too, so that makes them look a little different.

~T.J.

HE HE HE! :fawkdancesmiley:I knew that would get your attention! :D Ya, i think we sat there looking at them for quite some time picking apart the differences that night and there wasnt really much other than the main look of the carcass and that could have to do with the difference wheels we ran....:eeek: