• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Is it for sale or not??

1tonyj

What's going on these days with people selling their crap. I have contacted three people recently about their rigs for sale with no response. I even used the phone numbers because some said "I don't get on here much". Here's an idea ...if u "don't get on here much"....don't post your crap here...put it on facelist, craigsbay or where ever u hang out...otherwise check your listing and your messages.

Always fun when you have a wad of hundred dollar bills that you wanna spend and can't get people to answer their ads...
:indianajones:

This is my experience with just about every ad I contact on Craigs List.

Don't even get me started on job applications. If you don't call those dead-beats within minutes of them turning in the app the phone is out of service. I can have a stack of applications 3" thick, HUNDREDS of applications, and only 2 or 3 have working numbers within a week. I'm told that a lot of them purposely put fake numbers on them because all they have to do to keep welfare is prove to the office that they turn in an app every now and then.

patooyee said:
This is my experience with just about every ad I contact on Craigs List.

Don't even get me started on job applications. If you don't call those dead-beats within minutes of them turning in the app the phone is out of service. I can have a stack of applications 3" thick, HUNDREDS of applications, and only 2 or 3 have working numbers within a week. I'm told that a lot of them purposely put fake numbers on them because all they have to do to keep welfare is prove to the office that they turn in an app every now and then.

X2

fltruckwash said:

Got tired of that so one day had a guy turn in an app and I "hired" him on the spot, I knew he wasn't wanting to stay and talk cause his buddies were out in his Caprice smokin a Swisher. I had him come to my office and kept him there for 35 minutes before he got up and walked out. I talked about company history, job requirements, the ins and outs of our 401K and all kinds of other stuff. I was running out of things to get him to leave so I started making stuff up, he got all wigged out when I told him I was glad to finally have some help because I was under so much stress I would cry while "doing it" with my wife. He left his application and everything :dunno: I never bothered to tell him I have no authority to hire and fire, but everyone sure got a kick out of his "interview"

money_pit_yj said:
Got tired of that so one day had a guy turn in an app and I "hired" him on the spot, I knew he wasn't wanting to stay and talk cause his buddies were out in his Caprice smokin a Swisher. I had him come to my office and kept him there for 35 minutes before he got up and walked out. I talked about company history, job requirements, the ins and outs of our 401K and all kinds of other stuff. I was running out of things to get him to leave so I started making stuff up, he got all wigged out when I told him I was glad to finally have some help because I was under so much stress I would cry while "doing it" with my wife. He left his application and everything :dunno: I never bothered to tell him I have no authority to hire and fire, but everyone sure got a kick out of his "interview"

haha...damnitman... I may have to use that...

money_pit_yj said:

That's funny.

I know a lot of people think its a racial thing but where I live and work we have like 2% black population. All my dead beat applicants are white. Its a UNIVERSAL problem which is why America is ****ed.

Re: Re: Re: Is it for sale or not??

patooyee said:
That's funny.

I know a lot of people think its a racial thing but where I live and work we have like 2% black population. All my dead beat applicants are white. Its a UNIVERSAL problem which is why America is ****ed.
Yep, where I live and the surrounding counties are where welfare checks go to die... And it's all white trash crack head pieces of ****.

I ****ed up about 7 years ago when I got a new Discover card. I picked the American Flag design, because I thought "**** yeah, America!"... Little did I know that SNAP/EBT cards LOOK THE SAME. WTF.

Now every time I hand my card to a cashier I HAVE to make sure and say " ITS CREDIT" otherwise they automatically run it as EBT and it gets declined. And I have to go through the whole conversation of "oh thought it was EBT..."
Me: "no I actually pay for my stuff..."

The card expires this year and I'm definitely getting a new design

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Is it for sale or not??

TBItoy said:
Yep, where I live and the surrounding counties are where welfare checks go to die... And it's all white trash crack head pieces of ****.

I ****ed up about 7 years ago when I got a new Discover card. I picked the American Flag design, because I thought "**** yeah, America!"... Little did I know that SNAP/EBT cards LOOK THE SAME. WTF.

Now every time I hand my card to a cashier I HAVE to make sure and say " ITS CREDIT" otherwise they automatically run it as EBT and it gets declined. And I have to go through the whole conversation of "oh thought it was EBT..."

We have some of the same issues here. We actually had a furniture company leave town earlier this year because they couldn't find decent workers. After having 200 openings for over a yr they decided to pack it up.

Can't find many ppl under 40 to show up on time, let alone do quality work.

We had a guy quit/ no call no show and take a job for $4 less / hr because he was making too much money and losing benefits. Bunch of crap.

Re: Re: Re: Is it for sale or not??

TBItoy said:

I couldn't handle that. The hell with waiting on it to expire.. I'd order a new card with a different design even if I had to pay for it.

Willymutt said:
We had a guy quit/ no call no show and take a job for $4 less / hr because he was making too much money and losing benefits. Bunch of crap.

I've had two quit because they were told they were making too much to keep "disability."

Been talking to a guy in Georgia about a 35' Fountain, he asked me 6 times if I was a serious buyer, I told him 7 times that I was not driving 4.5 hours to his location for the fun of it and that I had a 28' Baja in my driveway if I wanted to go for a joyride. I then asked for the location of the boat and he gave me two different lakes in east Georgia and then he sends me the website for the Cabins on Lake Nickajack which was the third lake on his list another 100 miles away from the original location's. WTF? Then he asks his buddy in the background where they actually were. No Sheeit, he didn't even know where he was. I replied with "We are serious buyers but not sure if you're serious about selling. You don't sound very motivated on the phone". Next day I get a text from him "Need to know if you are coming going to put boat if your your not" REALLY DUDE, they have clinics and English courses to help guys like this.... :****:

Still looking...