• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Jake Brakes

Obviously new, I was driving bigger diesels truck in the army while you were still jerking off to the womens underwear section in the Sears catalog :rolleyes:
Sears? obviously you had shitty material to look at while growing up..

I never made any claims that my Dodge came with an Engine or Compression Brake...it came with an Exhaust Brake...a Jake Brake as per Jacobs, that's all.
You said your truck came from the factory with a jake brake. Go back and read what you wrote. Did you just make up that they call it a jake brake or does it state it somewhere? When I clicked on the light duty section with the exhaust brakes it says "Jacobs". Ever wonder why they have their website down as jake brake and not jacobs? Think long and hard about that one.

If you are so ignorant that you can't see the difference you might as well put some penguin wings on your Dodge so you can fly :awesomework:
I wear the peguin outfit, not the truck.

Privately owned yes, but the factory warranty from Dodge is honored where again? The Dealer...ding ding ding we have a winner :haha:
The dealership charges Dodge for all parts and labor. The dealership is only a middleman and they take the hit if the exhaust brake is to blame for any problems. Not Dodge. Where's my cookie since I'm the winner?

You said your truck came from the factory with a jake brake. Go back and read what you wrote. Did you just make up that they call it a jake brake or does it state it somewhere? When I clicked on the light duty section with the exhaust brakes it says "Jacobs". Ever wonder why they have their website down as jake brake and not jacobs? Think long and hard about that one.

You'll have to PM MonkeyMagic as he is now the new owner of it.

As I have stated numerous times previously, Jake Brake is a Registered Trade Mark of Jacobs and I am not the assuming t hat it means an engine brake.

It is not intended to mean one style of "brake" over another. That is a technical and legal inaccuracy from the old timers such as your self.

Last edited:
That is a technical and legal inaccuracy from the old timers such as your self.

Do you really have no idea where the name came from? It wasn't Jacobs that thought of it. Jacobs trademarked it and used it because it was so commonly used by those "old timers".

You got rid of it off your truck? why did you do that?

Do you really have no idea where the name came from? It wasn't Jacobs that thought of it. Jacobs trademarked it and used it because it was so commonly used by those "old timers".

You got rid of it off your truck? why did you do that?

The exhaust brake had to go when the twins went in.

You guys are poopy heads!.....:haha:
Now for clarification Brad what did come on your truck? Was it a exhaust type brake or a compression type brake?

The way I understand it about the whole Jacobs thing is originally a compression brake got the slang nickname "Jake brake". Then this company goes into business making these things as linked by Jobless and they use the name "Jacobs" to make it look like they invented the stuff. Now you have guys buying exhaust brakes from Jacobs and unknowingly calling them Jake brakes.....
For the record I don't have either one on my truck but I still jerk off to the sears catalog.:awesomework:

Yup, Jacobs is deliberately confusing the issue by letting their exhaust brakes ride the coattails of their famous engine brakes after trademarking a piece of trucker slang, calling everything "Jake brakes".

It's basically a marketing thing/scam.

Funny to see who is falling for it. :haha:

This is real (Jake) jacobs 770 compression brake......or for you old timers......C brakes

Had it off today while putting injectors on a series 60

Last edited: