• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Jd2 model 32 vs protools 105hd

1tonxj

Looking at ordering a bender in the morning. I can't decide on which one to go with, I'm only gonna order a 1.75" 180* die being as that's what most people use anyways. Any input is welcome, what's pros and cons of both benders

do you have any buddys with either bender? its cool to borrow dies if the need ever comes up.
I have the M32 but bought all the dies i would ever use. They both bend 1/4" DOM so it usually depends on what price / package deals you can find. Ive used both and theres really no difference.

Go with JD2. Its American made (Johnson City TN), its a family ran business, and it employs local people and pays a fair wage. I use to work there before going back into the Navy. Customer support is a very important to them. If you go pick up the bender and dies they will be glad to walk you around the shop and show you all the cool toys.

You can mention my name Corey Bishop (use to be in the weld shop) and if they remember me maybe you will get some kind discount.

Went with the model 32 and 1.75" 6.5" radius 180* die. I live 3.5hrs away and shipping was only $57.xx, figured I'd spend more in gas and what not if I drove up there.

Good choice! I have a Model 32 with electric hydraulics and love it. I had a model 3 before that and liked it too.

I used a ProTools 105 HD starting out and I think the JD2 is a much better machine. I really like the design of JD2's follower blocks. The two piece design seems to provide a smoother bend and it doesn't hang up at all. I've had to literally beat the tubing out of the Pro Tools bender before due to to follower block hanging up. I even sent pictures to Pro Tools to see if they could help but no dice.

Jd2 just seemed like a better choice to me, I couldn't find a good place to order a protools from and when I did it was more than the jd2. I watched a bunch of videos on both benders and the jd2 benders just grabbed my attention more. I'll eventually do air/hydraulic conversion on it but for now I guess I'll just have to get stronger

Bender arrived at my grandparents house about an hour ago. Ordered it yesterday morning at 6:30ish and it shipped yesterday at 5:40ish. Pretty happy with the fast shipping, wasn't really expecting it until a week or 2

Got the bender put together and a stand built for it. Pretty damn happy with the quality of the frame and die. So far a great product, should be building my brother some sliders within the next few days

Got a pad poured today 2'x2'x4"
2'x2'x3/16" plate with 4- 6" long 3/4" bolts welded to it sticking up for mounting. 3 pieces of 1/2" rebar stuck through the plate and drove 13" into the ground and sticking 3" into the concrete then welded to the plate. A 4" deep hole was also dug to pour the concrete into. Hopefully it'll work until I can convert to air/hydraulic

1tonxj said:
Air over hydraulic is definitely in my near near future. This manual **** is for the birds lol :****:

Once you go hydro, you'll throw that manual crap away. Electric hydraulic is 3 times as fast as air if you can afford it.

Can't really afford a full hydraulic set up right now. The bender took most my "project" savings for a little while. Might go air over for now and save up for a good hydro set up

1tonxj said:
Can't really afford a full hydraulic set up right now. The bender took most my "project" savings for a little while. Might go air over for now and save up for a good hydro set up
I got a free motor off a scrap blower unit, valve and pump/resi off a combine a guy was scrapping and ran the hoses myself.