• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

JESUS= Hope ( a thread for encouragement)

I am by no means a church goin person. In fact the last time ive been was? I know i should do better but feel that things could be alot worse. I try to not use the Lord`s name in vain, nor do i like being around someone who uses it reguraly. I know that one day i will get back into church/relelgion, but i am not at that point in my life.

Btw

John 3:16

"As i walk thru the shadow of death"

Well, not a single one of us are doing exactly what we should. Church is very important for spiritual growth. It's like getting a recharge for me personally. I need church, and so does everybody else imo. That said, you don't have to go to a church to do God's will, or good things, or to be a Christian. It really helps though. I hope you can find a good church JR, me and you are buddies, and I'd like to see something good for you like that soon. Actually, let me clarify something, God's will is for us to fellowship with fellow christians and learn more about his word, so church is def. God's will for anyone. Just saying church isn't the way to heaven.

every time i look at this i get goosebumps. thankyou! to everybody for sharing and lets keep this giong for a while, some good is bound to come from this....its worth every word typed, even if just one person is touched

I didn't get mine in this morning so I will post it now.
Romans 8:28
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

HotRodpayton said:
Well, not a single one of us are doing exactly what we should. Church is very important for spiritual growth. It's like getting a recharge for me personally. I need church, and so does everybody else imo. That said, you don't have to go to a church to do God's will, or good things, or to be a Christian. It really helps though. I hope you can find a good church JR, me and you are buddies, and I'd like to see something good for you like that soon. Actually, let me clarify something, God's will is for us to fellowship with fellow christians and learn more about his word, so church is def. God's will for anyone. Just saying church isn't the way to heaven.

I was lookin for the verse that said this and I believe I may have found it.
Corinthians 6:19
Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;

HotRod is right though, we all need to be in a church. You just have to find one you enjoy going to. Pushing God on some one will push them futher away than they were to start with. You have to find God in your own time and your own way. I just hope it will be soon than later.

Here is mine...

Romans 10:9

If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Great thread Hotrod,just another sinner here,trying to fight the wordly temptations everyday.They wasnt but one perfect man and they crucified him,just like some people are quick to talk trash about anything that is related to christianity.Just look what happen to the schools when they removed Prayer and corpral punishment, it makes me sick everytime I here or read about someone being offended if someone says a prayer in public,it offends me that they dont want it,but i guess that dont matter.I pray everyday and Iam far from perfect but i know where my blessings come from,keep up the word Hotrod

HotRodpayton said:
Not really sure why I'm posting this. I've been on the edge of posting something like this for a long time. I am so afraid that sometimes my actions may make me seem like a hypocrite. :-X I really have felt that God has led me to post on the site about Faith and Christianity. I know this is a General Discussion forum so I guess it will fit, and I know I stand to take allot of criticism. Here it goes though!
How many of the board members here know Christ as your personal savior??? I do, and I'm not afraid to say it. If anyone else feels the same post it. The thing is I got a real wake up call the last couple weeks. I feel as though I'm not living my personal life in the direction JESUS would expect of me. So I've decided to do something that will hold me more accountable for my actions. I would really like to start an ongoing post for encouraging scripture and discussion. It seems everytime you turn on the tube it's more bad news. We all need to wake up, and take a step back and as Christians, actually do what we are called to do. Our purpose is to spread the joy of knowing Jesus, and helping others have a secure future in heaven, and not burning. We are :fish: of men. Those of you interested in knowing Christ are more than welcome to PM me. Or I can even give you a call.

I am by no stretch a preacher,missionary, or saint. Just a sinner like everyone else, but I want to make a difference. It's simple to change your eternal future, but it's hard to do the things to change your life. Becoming a Christian doesn't mean your not gonna screw up, just means your accountable for it. :dblthumb: Lord knows I'd be headed straight to hell if I told you guys I'm as good as they come. I hope this isn't some boring thread that won't take off. We have threads everywhere of tits and junk, so why not a positive influence on the board ??? This thread will be intended on being used to spread the word of Christ, be encouraging, a place for people to ask for prayer. So please feel free to post up, I to need all the help and encouragement I can get. I'm always a chicken when it comes to face to face witnessing, so maybe this will be a baby step for myself and many more.

I'll start the thread off with one of the most popular verses in the BOOK, I think it will be a good kickoff for things.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Takes a stong man to start a thread like this... My respect to you

I really like Philippians 4:13: I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. The 1st scripture I learned and has stuck with me the most is Romans 5:1: Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.

I just got off work and was thinking of this verse.
Psalm 18:39 "For thou hast girded me with strength unto the battle: thou hast subdued under me those that rose up against me." Remember that no matter what may stand in front of you today, whether you know it or not God has equipped you with the strength to handle it. thumb.gif

my favorite verse --REVELATION 22:12-13
AND BEHOLD I AM COMING QUICKLY AND MY REWARD IS WITH ME TO GIVE TO EVERY ONE ACORDING TO HIS WORK ,
I AM THE ALPHA AND THE OMEGA THE BEGINNING AND THE END THE FIRST AND THE LAST I LOVE THIS THREAD GOD IS GREAT

jrhall said:
I am by no means a church goin person. In fact the last time ive been was? I know i should do better but feel that things could be alot worse. I try to not use the Lord`s name in vain, nor do i like being around someone who uses it reguraly. I know that one day i will get back into church/relelgion, but i am not at that point in my life.

Btw

"As i walk thru the shadow of death"

JR, you are closer than you think to God. You have participated in this thread and therefore it is on your mind. That is the first step to Christianity and the second is acceptance. Believe in yourself and HE will believe in you.

Psalm of David
4. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

Way to go HotRod,
I have always enjoyed the hard core tech and builds on this site and sometimes wondered about a lot of the members and where they stand with Christ, It is real cool to see 3 pages in just a matter of days :eek:

Not trying to steel anyone from here but our club has a site that could use a lot of tech help that is so abundant over here, we are not real hard core, low budget just enough to spend time in the shop and on the trails :driving:

I would like to invite everyone to chime in once in while over at http://www.humblehilltoppers.org/HumbleHilltoppersForum/ it would be much appreciated.

The cool thing is Jesus didn't need lockers or one tons or sticky tires, He just rolled the stone out of the way thumb.gif

Great thread guys :dblthumb:

Read this passage last night. Really is harsh, but GOD means what He says and you will not have any other gods before him. Christ is GOD, and we all should honor him with all that we have. Don't let the world lead you in a false direction. Guess what, that is what the "world" wants. Evil is everywhere these days, and there are false teachings on every corner. It's not even right to think, If I become a Christian, there will be no hard times for me. NOT true. Christians are under persecution everyday. It does mean you have the best friend on your side you could ever ask for "JESUS". He will be there for you, and I have had countless times I can atest to that, and His blessings on my life. I am so proud of everyone here for coming together on this thread. We have to stand up for the real Gospel, and what it means.

Galatians 1:6-9
I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you by the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospelâ€" 7which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned! 9As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned!

http://www.humblehilltoppers.org/HumbleHilltoppersForum Great looking forum. I signed up today. I think everyone should look into it. thumb.gif

I would like to say I believe in God, and I love music, I am not perfect. I like the simple things in life like the 10 commandments. Pride is one of the things I deal with everyday. I love the song by Kid Rock Amen, it makes me wonder who is right or wrong. This is how I feel about the song.There is one word in the song that leaves me cold, and it is one of the commandments. I see nothing wrong with having money . A female might feel that the man she loves and cares about is leaving her for Money to go fight in a War and she will never see him again which leaves her deeply hurt. About 3 months ago, A wheeler that I did not know personally Died while on Alcohol and Drugs. I saw the person week after week on the trail and even though she was 2 sheets in the wind everytime I saw her. She would always say I like your truck. The description of this person to most people would be Trailer Trash. There is something good in all people. Amen

HotRodpayton said:
Read this passage last night. Really is harsh, but GOD means what He says and you will not have any other gods before him. Christ is GOD, and we all should honor him with all that we have. Don't let the world lead you in a false direction. Guess what, that is what the "world" wants. Evil is everywhere these days, and there are false teachings on every corner. It's not even right to think, If I become a Christian, there will be no hard times for me. NOT true. Christians are under persecution everyday. It does mean you have the best friend on your side you could ever ask for "JESUS". He will be there for you, and I have had countless times I can atest to that, and His blessings on my life. I am so proud of everyone here for coming together on this thread. We have to stand up for the real Gospel, and what it means.

Galatians 1:6-9
I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you by the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospelâ€" 7which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned! 9As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned!

http://www.humblehilltoppers.org/HumbleHilltoppersForum Great looking forum. I signed up today. I think everyone should look into it. thumb.gif

thats a deep verse hotrod! this thread just jeeps amazing me! i hope to meet you and wheel some on the 6th!

heres a verse that i thought was very interesting

1 Chronicles 29:15 (New International Version)

15 We are aliens and strangers in your sight, as were all our forefathers. Our days on earth are like a shadow, without hope.

Mine for the day is;

"But if you do evil, be afraid; For He does not bear the sword in vain; For He is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil." Romans 13:4

"But if you do evil, be afraid; For He does not bear the sword in vain; For He is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil." Romans 13:4

Good message in that for sure. :dblthumb:

Mine for the day- ISAIAH 64;8 But now,O LORD,thou art our father;we are the clay,and thou our potter;and we all are the work of thy hand

Great thread keep it coming