• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

KOH Road Trip!

BustedKnucklefilms

We are getting everything ready to head out to California tomorrow. We will be leaving from Jasper, AL (a little north west of Birmingham) Ive heard there are two different routes to take to get to KOH. Which way would you reccomend? What are some places we should stop at along the way to take it all in? The 7.3 drinks fuel when we get over 70mph especially with the Swag Wagon in tow, so I don't have to stay on the interstate. I've never driven east of Memphis so this should be interesting :dblthumb: :woot:

Plans- Leave Wednesday Morning & Be there by Friday Night.
Leave Saturday Morning after the Big Race and make it to Little Sahara Dunes in Oklahoma by Sunday Morning to hit the dunes with the Raptor. booyang
Ride all Day Sunday and head back to Alabama.

Should be a good trip. Watch for updates on the shenanigans!

422078_10150537400958985_166897308984_8945300_1253319225_n.jpg

Sounds like a heck of a trip !! I envy ya gettin to go to KOH. I havent been any farther west than Moab.. but man, ya have to stop here !! :eat:
http://www.bigtexan.com/index.html eat ya a 72oz steak !!

seems like we always get some pretty nast head winds in west texas/new mexico fuel mileage may drop alot if that happens, last April we ran in honest 40mph head winds all day, my V10 tow rig about emptied my wallet !

If I wasn't so busy at the shop I'd tag along and show you some really cool stuff out west. There's a meteor hole in AZ that's cool to see. It's just before Flagstaff off of I40. Only takes about an hour to check out and stretch your legs. Hoover Dam is cool if you want to go out of the way a little. Also cruise the Vegas strip while going that way. I've always had this bad habit of taking off on the road just for fun. I drove to Alaska and back in a week a fews years ago just to see the north. I put 11,000 miles on my new F250 in a week tho. If you need any help along the way let me know. Also let me know when your headed back to Little Sahara if I can break away I may meet you there. I'm ready for another trip there.

You should hook up with Team Robby Bobby and follow them. That will be enough entertainment in itself.

we are leaving from michigan fri.stopping in colorado to snowmobile.will be on the lakebed wed night.stop in and say hi.we have a vendor booth for innerairlocks and extreme off road parts. we stopped in moab and vegas last year.doing the snowmobiling this year. trying to do something different every year.

Wish yall the best of luck Matt! I told Jamin last week that i'm looking forward to hearing about this trip. My only advice is to head west of Memphis, not east, to make it out there... thumb.gif

Well we left this morning from Jasper around 9am. We went through Mississippi, Tennessee, Arkansas and are now almost to Oklahoma.
Going to stop by the big Texan on the way through. Our first stop is Flagstaff, AZ should be there by 10pm in the morning. :driving:

SilverStarCustoms said:
If I wasn't so busy at the shop I'd tag along and show you some really cool stuff out west. There's a meteor hole in AZ that's cool to see. It's just before Flagstaff off of I40. Only takes about an hour to check out and stretch your legs. Hoover Dam is cool if you want to go out of the way a little. Also cruise the Vegas strip while going that way. I've always had this bad habit of taking off on the road just for fun. I drove to Alaska and back in a week a fews years ago just to see the north. I put 11,000 miles on my new F250 in a week tho. If you need any help along the way let me know. Also let me know when your headed back to Little Sahara if I can break away I may meet you there. I'm ready for another trip there.

We plan on riding Little Sahara all day Sunday after KOH.

BustedKnucklefilms said:
..........Our first stop is Flagstaff, AZ should be there by 10pm in the morning. :driving:
Signs of excitment or deliriousness :****:

Speeding said:
I think I spend too much time on Facebook. I tried to "like" this post. laughing1
make it happen Mod.. :dblthumb:
Speeding said:
I think I spend too much time on Facebook. I tried to "like" this post. laughing1

Well, there's a time change out that way, but don't think it's quite that radical a change. Unless you're towing with a DeLorean...

Travel safe!!

So I meant 10am, I am delerious already. We just passed the big Texan. So far we got 15mpg out of two tanks with the truck on performance tune and only 11mpg with i
t on economy tune, So its set on performance for the rest of the way. We are keeping the truck under 2k and 70nph.

We are gunna stop and check out the big crater in the morning, I mean in a few hours, Ive had too many Full Throttles!\
424720_10100592045677581_7008660_52729691_24592694_n.jpg

Plams are to crash at a hotel in flagstaff and make the rest of the trip Friday morning. 1000 miles down 1000 to go!

Funny quote so far - As Jamin takes a sip of his Petro Extreme Coffee- "Damn this is extreme, it tastes like a cigarette butt" LOL.\

-Matt\

Just keep them plams to CRASH at a hotel and not CRASH from a fullthrottle GEEK DOWN dammit yall :eek: :eek: :eek:

keepum posts comin fer all us stuck back here yall :dblthumb:

;D

We slept at a rest stop for 2 hours this morning then continued on. We made it to New Mexico aka the world largest trailer park and just got to Flagstaff, AZ. It is snowing here. We got a room for the night and are getting cleaned up and heading to a micro brew here in town for some :drinkers: and good food.

Leaving early in the morning and should be on the lake bed early afternoon. :woot:

421345_10100592655710071_7008660_52730743_1894752298_n.jpg

We just missed this nasty rain storm. We watched it go around us for hours as we approached flagstaff.
422231_10150550040508985_166897308984_8981162_253507417_n.jpg

plow boy said:
Yea Ricky I tried to get Matts blood flowing about his truck so it would keep him awake but it did not work,

Sorry Richie, Ive got thick skin :flipoff1:. the Ford has performed flawlessly the entire trip, I couldnt ask for more.
There is about 2" of snow covering it right now sitting in the hotel parking lot. Can't wait to be on the Lakebed tomorrow! :woot: