• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Let's see some ram mounts

Thats fine--do them how you want. I will keep doing them so there is no tie rod flop..

The only reason you get no flop is cuz the sloppy ol tractor pins wont let things turn. Every one you posed has tractor pins except for Gibbys jeep.

The one you did on Gibbys jeep with real quality (not AG ram parts) has heims and will flop.

Did ya hear me, gibbys cylinder/tierod WILL flip flop. I see it has heims instead of tierods so that will limit a little flip flop but it will still do it.

Are you so poor or cheap that you cant just get a good ram kit?

Because the parts I already have I got for free and are the same stuff I get in an overpriced "package kit". It's about making use of what I've got and building something myself rather than spending a bunch of money and not learning anything in the process. Ya dig?

Because the parts I already have I got for free and are the same stuff I get in an overpriced "package kit". It's about making use of what I've got and building something myself rather than spending a bunch of money and not learning anything in the process. Ya dig?

No ****, I'm still running the same stuff I slapped together 5 years ago out of random parts that according to all the experts is put together wrong and should NEVER work let alone work fawking great. :haha:

Is it easier to whip out the visa and order a $1500 kit from psc? Fawk yea it is but I'll do some research and build my own crap for $300 thanks. :redneck:

Hell ya :awesomework:

Too bad you were not on the "other side of the word"--easier to give some insight once setup time!

I understand that more than anyone here.

But with cheap paid for freebie kinda parts and riggins comes a couple compromises.

You are expressing a large concern for one of those compromises. I figured if the compromise was a huge concern then a good quality kit with nice joints would be a benifit to you.

If you want cheap and free, accept compromise.

I understand that more than anyone here.

But with cheap paid for freebie kinda parts and riggins comes a couple compromises.

You are expressing a large concern for one of those compromises. I figured if the compromise was a huge concern then a good quality kit with nice joints would be a benifit to you.

If you want cheap and free, accept compromise.

Now, here's the question... the trail gear kit I'm looking at has rod ends... isn't that going to make crazy tierod flop like you said?

.............then you will have all kinds of fun with "tie rod flop" that is going to happen when ya use heims and attach to the tierod.

Thunk right, thunk left, thunk right, thunk left.

You can eliminate this by adding in a "dog bone" idler arm on the tie rod. I had to do this on my old hyrdo assist setup as the ram had enough force that it would unscrew the tierod from the ends. Bent a few parts that way. My current full hydro setup has the rams attached to the knuckles in double sheer. Works very well.:cool:

Here's a couple year old picture of something else but you can still see the setup..
Buggynewprofile011.jpg

I have to agree with Binder, double sheer is the way to go if possible. My last Toy with full hydro had good heims on both ends, dedicated trail rig. Never went over 30 mph and the steering worked great. Off road you're not going to notice a bit of slop. Any of the posted pics would work good off road.

I plum saw that **** break rick :haha:

Good lord that thing is frikin cherry. :flipoff:

I think I got tetanus just from looking at the picture.

If you guys find anything under there that I haven't broken please let me know.:redneck:
BTW Ben that picture was before replacing all of the front tube......I think it's worse now.:haha:

Another thing you must consider on a ram too matt is you almost must be able to dissassemble it to destroke it.

They all can be taken apart easily to limit the stroke:awesomework:

There are some rams I choose to put an external spacer on shaft so I don't have to take the cylinder apart. This takes me the less time to do, just make sure the cylinder cap/seal holder is strong enough to take the hit. Most caps are strong enough because they git hit by the shaft seal on the inside:awesomework:

And when are you going to be doing another shirt or red star giveaway on your misspelled words! Is is dissassemble or disassemble:fawkdancesmiley:

There are some rams I choose to put an external spacer on shaft so I don't have to take the cylinder apart. This takes me the less time to do, just make sure the cylinder cap/seal holder is strong enough to take the hit. Most caps are strong enough because they git hit by the shaft seal on the inside:awesomework:

And when are you going to be doing another shirt or red star giveaway on your misspelled words! Is is dissassemble or disassemble:fawkdancesmiley:

Speelin'.........It's obvioussly ovureighted....:redneck:

I will actually argue that fact--not the spelling part either :fawkdancesmiley:

I had one ram that you could not disassemble and it came from SC. I can't remember exactly what one it was.

whatchin you guys yap about these mounts sure does help alot....pics are worth a thousand words.....thanks!cheers, b:awesomework: