• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired looking for a cheap starter rig

creepin_crawler87

if it aint broke lift it stretch it then break it
Hey guys new to the crawler community. I'm looking for a good rig or tube frame to start a build. I'm on a small budget to start off with. Not looking to go competition on the start just something to hit the trails and have a lil fun in. Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated. One of my friends Dalton said I should just go ahead and bite the bullet and go with a tube chassis. But I don't know about a budget build with a tube chassis. Again thanks for the help in advance.

Re: Re: looking for a cheap starter rig

Buy a built Toyota or cherokee.

Or if you think you want tube chassis, buy a used buggy that is already built.

No one that is new to crawling should start to build a full tube buggy from the get go IMO.

I have just what you need. 77 cherokee chief. AMC 360 with T-18 and Dana 20. GM 44 and 12 Bolt. Has 6 point cage and sliders tied to the frame, all riding on 35" boggers. She is not pretty but she is a great starter rig and cheap. Asking $2200. Located in NE Florida, delivery could be arranged with the right deal.

Attachments

• Dos Pepper.JPG
    Dos Pepper.JPG
    127.9 KB · Views: 107
I have a 1997 XJ for Sale. . . Check out "97 XJ Trail Ready" in the for sale section. . . $2,200. Location Marion, NC

Attachments

• xjsale.jpg
    xjsale.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 94
  • xjsale2.jpg
    xjsale2.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 93
Budget and tube chassis are not suppose to be used in the same sentence

I agree a low budget rig is a used toyota or jeep.. older cj's are cheep to get parts for at any autozone

i have a 83 cj7 i have to part with. tube chassis, full cage, 350 cid, 205 xfer, sm465 xmission, big hub 44 front, 14 bolt rear, 4 link set up front and rear, (3) 42 tsl's, (4) 32 bolt beadlock rims, fuel cell and diamond plate tool box, $3500, located in mobile (228) 547-9748

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    805.9 KB · Views: 114
Thanks for the advice guys. I'm looking at a CJ7 that's been stretched and 4 linked in the rear, atlas, has a blown motor for $2500. If that falls thru this weekend Lil ugly I might give you a call.

I've got a '94 YJ ready to wheel and built strong enough to last until your ready for your tube buggy.

4.0 5- speed
8.8 rear with Detroit locker
Dana 30 front with RCV shafts and Detroit
Bead lock wheels on 37" boggers
Custom powercoated cage, winch bumper, and hood guard
Warn 9000 winch (new)
Race seats - 4pt harness

Its not budget but its ready to wheel without modification - $7,500

Brody3.jpg

brody5.jpg

Brody.jpg

kdawgmu said:
I've got a '94 YJ ready to wheel and built strong enough to last until your ready for your tube buggy.

4.0 5- speed
Warn 9000 winch (new)
Race seats - 4pt harness

Brody3.jpg

brody5.jpg

Brody.jpg

I dont know that I would say that is not budget. You would be hardpressed to find a YJ in good shape and put all of those parts on it for your asking price. Looks like a good rig. Just not as cheap as the one I am selling, which makes mine the better deal. ;D

kdawgmu said:

4.0 5- speed
Warn 9000 winch (new)
Race seats - 4pt harness

Brody3.jpg

brody5.jpg

Brody.jpg
looks like a sweet rig KDawgmu does it have a title? And can it be tagged for on road use? It would be worth the extra$$ IMO if I can do a lil dirt road crusin' on the weekends I don't wheel in it.

i got a built cj7, dana 44s chromoly shafts, 513s, locked etc... 106 wheelbase, 38in swampers in beadlocks, corbeau seats, harnesses, warn 8000 winch. nice jeep $6000. pm me if ur interested

PM SENT if anyones interested in trades got a 2001 dodge ram 2500 cummins 4x4 quad cab with a few small mods. Pm me if interested

It does have a title and roadworthy.

Its been used exclusively offroad for several years.

I'm not sure what is legal for road use. Here in WV, we are not allowed to have beadlocks and lockers may be illegal as well...not sure.

i have a cj5 with full size chevy axles. jeep 304, t-18 and dana20 case. Sitting on a bald set of 39.5 boggers. jeep has been comp cut and stretched 10" in rear using xj springs. jeep has soft top and soft doors. 8274 warn winch up front. this ride need very little to be ready for new years. such as transfercase torque mount, rear axle wrap bar, passenger seat installed, and so on minor things. good title. 2600 with the winch, 2100 without winch

Attachments

• IMG_0151.JPG
    IMG_0151.JPG
    336.4 KB · Views: 63

Latest posts