• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired looking for cheap starter rig

creepin_crawler87

if it aint broke lift it stretch it then break it
Looking for cheap starter rig to hit the trails in. (wife) prefers I don't spend over $4k. But a lil more won't break the bank. Don't care what it is or really how it looks. As long as it is reliable and mechanically solid.

Re: Re: looking for cheap starter rig

Buggy or street?

I have a backyard built buggy (I didn't build it). Yota 4cyl on propane, w56 transmission, toyota dual transfer case, d44/12 bolt out of a chevy with 4.88s chromo shafts and lockers. Riding on worn, but sticky red labels and beadlocks but not sure of the brand. Also has a pieced together hydro steering, cheaper racing seats and 5 points. Warn 8274 with a new motor and syn winch rope. I would keep and upgrade parts but I am 6'5" and would have to rework the cage to fit and I would rather buy something else than do that

ruse6a3a.jpg

ajedytug.jpg

5yjypy8y.jpg

Sent from S3

I have ridden with the red buggy above, its a damn good going little buggy. The reds are at the point now to where they are biting good.

ive got a 95 yj 302 ford v8, 4speed , np205, dana 44 front chromos locker full hydro, rear is dana 60 welded . front is stretched with chevy leafs rear is 4 linked with coils. 4 seater, runs great. also has 39.5 swampers

bushhog750 said:
I have ridden with the red buggy above, its a damn good going little buggy. The reds are at the point now to where they are biting good.

yes it is. I have not changed much, just did some replacement/maintenance. New brakes on the front disc, master cylinder, rewired, re did some vacuum hoses, new motor and rope and on the Warn 8274, put a super small cheap aux cooler on the hydro steering and flushed all the fluids.

1991 ford explorer Eddie Bauer 4 door, 4.0 v6, c4 trans just rebuilt, Dana 20 t case with twin sticks. The axles are a hp Dana 44 front from a 79 bronco with arb and 5.13, the rear is a 9 in with Detroit, 5.13, disc brakes. let me know if you are interested, i can text some pics.

I forgot some things earlier. It has a warn 8000lb winch with synthetic rope and 38x12.50x15 (decent tread, but not in great shape)

got a cj5 stechted built tbi 350 th350 twin sticked 205 dana 60/14 bolt 456 gears full hydro steering and cage tied into frame 5500 call or text 270 963 2777 for pics