• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Maxxis 42" Comp Trepador coming

pholmann said:
His are 40" treps.

well that i cant answer about...of all the people I know running treps they haven't had that issue. low HP, big HP, race car, trail buggy....all have been about the same. I have had the same set since 2010 (but they have been jackstand tires for the last 3 years) and they are still probably 80% tread.

who knows though...weird **** happens every day in this sport!

smbroady82 said:
Casey's tires looked great until he put that 5.3 in and started blowing the tires off of it on every obstacle he used to crawl up

that would certainly have something to do with it - they are super soft and sticky competition tires, they weren't originally designed for general public trail riding as their prime use. going youtubin will wear em down quick! :woot: booyang laughing1 :stir: :stir: :stir: :stir: :stir: :flipoff1:

he also definitely rides more than I did / do

no matter; they stick like mad and there are pros and cons to every tire choice - SXs are bigger, stronger, and last longer. apples to oranges in my humble and sometimes incorrect opinion

Re:

Hell even 43s look beat down after HP been to them. Ask trucker to post a pic of his a little over a year old.

Re: Re:

ranger11 said:
Hell even 43s look beat down after HP been to them. Ask trucker to post a pic of his a little over a year old.
Mine are less than a year old and are probably 60% now. However I have wheeled a ton this year and I am still trying to learn what half throttle is.

John