• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Maxxis 42" Comp Trepador coming

I only ran mine one time before tearing the buggy down for some changes. I was very happy with them on the first trip though. Ran about 12 PSI in them, gunna go down to 8-10 next weekend.

Re: Re: Maxxis 42" Comp Trepador coming

scjustin said:
I only ran mine one time before tearing the buggy down for some changes. I was very happy with them on the first trip though. Ran about 12 PSI in them, gunna go down to 8-10 next weekend.
Sounds like me.

I have one ride on mine. I started with 10psi and a new set of trail ready's and the tire slipped off the inside bead twice on a side hill . I raised the pressure to 15psi and it didn't happen again. I was use to running 8-10 on my reds no problem. With these tires I'm not sure pressure makes that much of a difference though. The lugs are so soft and forgiving. I say brand new out of the box they hook better than any reds I've had. I am hoping over time to be able to run a little less air when everything breaks in. They crawled boat ramp brand new with 15psi in em. The extra ground clearance for me was nice! As for side walls IDK I was very careful cause I hadn't even gotten the CC bill yet on them lol

I've got bout 6 rides on mine , cut 1 down in the sidewall & anything below 12psi they burp a lot of air on inner bead

I think the side walls would fold unless your running a super lite rig. I'm 4kish and they would fold pretty hard with 10psi with all the weight on the rear tires. Even with 15psi on a bigger ledge with all the weight on the rear they were starting to fold. I'm gonna have to be careful with side walls it sounds like which sucks a little cause I was tired of popping reds. They should have made the sides tougher. All that being said they still hook great.

Beerj said:
I wonder how they'd perform at 6 psi with double beadlocks. Too squishy?

No sidewall issues or air burping issues for me at 8psi with a 3500lb rig going to Harlan in a couple weeks to see how they do there. So far they have be an amazing tire. They have hooked on everything I've been on so far.

SkinnyPedalRacing said:
I'm being told it will not be until after the first of year before some more come in, unless someone has them in stock.

So did you get your set in yet?

SkinnyPedalRacing said:
Never ordered any.

I thought you said you had some ordered.......

Transamerica
« Sent to: xjcrawler on: September 12, 2016, 02:37:24 PM » Reply with quoteQuote ReplyReply Remove this messageRemove

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I spoke with transamerica last week. They had 50 sets coming in, and sold those. I have been told the same thing you have. The next shipment is toward the end of the month at 300 tires or something like that. I don't know who I spoke to, but I got about the same as you did on information.

What I was told is they took names for the first set of tires until they were gone. They are taking names again for the next set that is rolling in. I have my name of a set coming in for someone else, but may just sale them if they change their mind.

Hope that helps,

Tripp Jernigan

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Latest posts