• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Maxxis 42" Comp Trepador coming

scjustin said:
yeahhhh, last week it was Friday or Monday. When I talked to him yesterday he now has no idea when their going to show up. Wish I would have know this, could have ordered them through Daves offroad and already have them on the rig instead of rollers.

That sucks

and yeah Dave is the man for sure, if he says he has something in stock you can bank on it

86chevota said:
I hope you get them next week have you paid any money?

No I hadn't paid any money yet, went and picked up some racelines from him today though. Have a friend that's a vendor for Maxxis and he ordered him self a set that's supposed to be here Friday that I'm going to pick up from him.

Anyone have suggestions on tire pressure on these ? Just got mine mounted , gonna try them this weekend , always had reds or sx's and they work at very different air pressures

07gmc said:
Anyone have suggestions on tire pressure on these ? Just got mine mounted , gonna try them this weekend , always had reds or sx's and they work at very different air pressures

I run 40" sticky Treps on a 4400# truggy and have found the best performance at 9 front and 7 rear. I used to run BFG Reds at 15 front and back but the Treps seem to like lower pressures.

edit: Windrock, Harlan, typical southern non-bouncer type wheeling

I'm gonna race with them this weekend and see how they do. We have a race series up here in Michigan, mainly jumps and dirt with some rocks and man made stuff. I've got about 20 minutes of run time on them in the dirt. So far, honestly I'm not impressed.

They don't hook as well as the sx's in the dirt. I feel like the tires are predictable but feel like I'm ****in a fat chick on a waterbed, they are all over the place. Maybe the buggy has more power than what the treps can handle :****: Also I feel like I gotta wear goggles now driving the buggy, it literally picks up everything and throws it up on me.

I'll have a better feel after tomorrow, these are just my honest initial thoughts of someone that payed for them. Speaking of paid, thanks to Scott Morris at Sunfire he literally bent over backwards to get me these tires for this weekend. The wheels also came from him and they are KMC Machete

dynajeep said:
I'm gonna race with them this weekend and see how they do. We have a race series up here in Michigan, mainly jumps and dirt with some rocks and man made stuff. I've got about 20 minutes of run time on them in the dirt. So far, honestly I'm not impressed.

They don't hook as well as the sx's in the dirt. I feel like the tires are predictable but feel like I'm ****in a fat chick on a waterbed, they are all over the place. Maybe the buggy has more power than what the treps can handle :****: Also I feel like I gotta wear goggles now driving the buggy, it literally picks up everything and throws it up on me.

I'll have a better feel after tomorrow, these are just my honest initial thoughts of someone that payed for them. Speaking of paid, thanks to Scott Morris at Sunfire he literally bent over backwards to get me these tires for this weekend. The wheels also came from him and they are KMC Machete

It they throw more stuff but hook worse in the dirt does that mean they are in fact hooking too much dirt? Grabbing way more often, thus making them feel like they are all over the place?