• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Motor mounts.

Lauderdale

Get To Know Me.
I am about to mount my 5.3 into my tube chassis and was wondering what is the best way to go. Is there a way to use polyurethane to mount it up to the motor or just straight mounting it to the frame?

Front and mid plates are the best options. Contact Wide Open Design and they will hook you up with everything that you need.

this has been covered many times. some like poly bushings, some like hard mounts. depends on what you like but everyone has their own opinion it seems

wizzo said:
this has been covered many times. some like poly bushings, some like hard mounts. depends on what you like but everyone has their own opinion it seems

X2

The consensus is to make all your mounts the same material/type

Hard mount with traditional mounts and plates seem to be what everyone is going with recently. Doesn't really matter if you go solid or poly, just make sure your trans/case mount is same as motor. :dblthumb:

CheapJ7 said:
Hard mount with traditional mounts and plates seem to be what everyone is going with recently. Doesn't really matter if you go solid or poly, just make sure your trans/case mount is same as motor. :dblthumb:

x2 thumb.gif

something to think about if you're using rubber bushings, i recently inspected and replaced the bushings and sleeves in my motor mounts and transmission cross member after a little over a year of use. the sleeves in the motor mounts had egg shaped and the bushings were worn, they hadn't failed but obviously worn. the transmission cross member had some movement at the bushings but they weren't worn near as bad as the motor mounts. i was running the ol faithful ruffstuff bushings and sleeve (i've used the ruffstuff setup for just about everything in the past) but after the issue, i did a little research and found something better (i hope) from barnes 4wd. the main difference is the sleeve.

typical bushing and sleeve
xmem2.jpg

barnes 4wd bushing and sleeve
SANY2004_zpsa7107a4d.jpg

the barnes sleeve has a .219 wall thickness. all bushings will wear but i don't think these sleeve's will egg shape. time will tell, i hope this is an improvement.