• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Moving

H

hayitsray

I live in Texas thinking about moving out to north AL or Tenn what town would be good to live in with great schools and be in the middle of all the OHV parks ????? Thanks for the help

Knoxville or Oak Ridge. We're between Harlan and Golden Mountain, but Windrock and Royal Blue is right here. Schools are great, always something to do within an hour of here (and I mean ALWAYS), and tons of manufacturing jobs. I've lived in alot of different places, and by far this is the best.

Just pay Knoxville, Chattanooga, and Nashville a visit. You're 99% likely to find one you can't live without. Just stay away from Memfrica. It gets dark waaay early in that town. White flight like you wouldn't believe.
:****:

i would suggest one of the Tennessee citys listed Nashville is fun and alot of country music related things Chattanooga is also good cause your near the smoky mtns and that's a really nice place to take the family if your into the beach more then move to mid alabama surrounding Birmingham areas so your withing 5 to 6 hours of beach in Florida

Tennessee does not have income tax I think. Alabama does. They may have higher property taxes though. I really don't see a bad choice either way. If I ever leave Alabama, Tennessee is near the top of the list.

RustyC said:
Tennessee does not have income tax I think. Alabama does. They may have higher property taxes though. I really don't see a bad choice either way. If I ever leave Alabama, Tennessee is near the top of the list.

No income tax in Tennessee, but if you own a licensed business you'll be taxed via the Franchise and Excise Tax which is roughly 6% on average depending on type of business.

Property taxes vary by county, with Williamson being one of the higher ones but one of the nicer ones. I think Tennessee is great state overl since you've got three different styles of terrain and relatively close to all sorts of wheeling.

Re: Re: Re: Moving

5BrothersFabrication said:
Just pay Knoxville, Chattanooga, and Nashville a visit. You're 99% likely to find one you can't live without. Just stay away from Memfrica. It gets dark waaay early in that town. White flight like you wouldn't believe.
:****:

Memfrica isn't in my triangle. Nigs be runnin wild in Memphis

ridered3 said:
No income tax in Tennessee, but if you own a licensed business you'll be taxed via the Franchise and Excise Tax which is roughly 6% on average depending on type of business.

Property taxes vary by county, with Williamson being one of the higher ones but one of the nicer ones. I think Tennessee is great state overl since you've got three different styles of terrain and relatively close to all sorts of wheeling.

And there is Sales taxes in Tennessee. Not sure of sales taxes in Georgia and Alabama.

I'm just north of Chattanooga and love it. New park just up the road, Adventure Offroad. Check out the taxes before you buy because some towns have their property tax plus the county tax, Chatt city being one of the higher ones but still not that bad. I'm in the county so no worries. Plus we have the Tennessee River and a great Aquarium. It's a tourist centered city with plenty to do. Knoxville is nice too, not a fan of Nashville, getting too much like Memphis and you need to speak Spanglish in certain areas.

I have to admit, Cleveland is not that bad. It is just north of Chattanooga. I just moved back this month from Nashville. Land taxes are not bad at all. No state income tax. About 25 mins from Chattanooga and 1.5 hrs from Knoxville.

LandSpeeder said:
Cullman, Al is where I'd like to be... errybody extrememly nice there. Even in McDonalds!

Gotta love Cullman! Lived here my whole life, and it's steadily growing :****: