• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

MSORP is closing!

Why does it feel like the last days of Tellico? Remember? there were like 10000 people hitting the trails in a mad rush to say "I was there til the end!
We tried our best at "Save Tellico", and then from the dark ... Snowbird OHV opens up on the other side.. Fee is $1000/membership. but you can invite up to 6 people.
So split 1000 six times = $167 for a year membership per person doesnt sound so bad!
I heard something about Morris Mountain having issues from the neighbors? about noise ordnance? Explains the "no riding after dark" rule.

I've been to MSORP many times and we enjoyed every hour over there! It saddens me as much as hearing about River Rock in Milledgeville GA closing up.
Maybe there can be a "Private" membership?

Really hate to hear this.

Probably going to happen more and more though. Insurance companies + the sue happy/gimme everything mind set = Bad for everyone.

CheapJ7 said:
(My best Julio impersonation) Dammit Cole. Your library of Youtube awesomness has done made the insurance pricks **** their pants! :flipoff1:

****-balls that's funny molaugh

...I'm in favor of private membership! ;D

Bob, maybe you can "hire" me to come keep the trails from growing up too thick around the park ;D

All I know is it ain't over to the fat lady sings and I haven't heard one sing yet! :****:

Come on Bob pull something outta yo arse to keep it going to some degree! :dblthumb:

I am working as hard as I can to find a resolve, but at this point I do not have an answer except for closure when the policy runs out. I hope to have more info on other avenues to discuss at the Jan. Jam. Make plans to attend a camp fire talk that Saturday afternoon.

I always tell my kids, Set backs in life are inevitable....... Failure is OPTIONAL

rock yuppie said:
I am working as hard as I can to find a resolve, but at this point I do not have an answer except for closure when the policy runs out. I hope to have more info on other avenues to discuss at the Jan. Jam. Make plans to attend a camp fire talk that Saturday afternoon.

I always tell my kids, Set backs in life are inevitable....... Failure is OPTIONAL
Glad to hear your not giving up just yet Bob. We're all keeping high hopes for a positive outcome. :dblthumb:

rock yuppie said:

Count me in on the campfire gathering....I'm all ears for what's up!

rock yuppie said:

Look forward to it Bob. I'll bring the motivational Captain :drinkers:

I wanna ride at MSORP...

There are always options.

Just because Mountainside is closing, doesn't mean it wont open back up after some new policies are in place.

Now if y'all chop the land up into subdivisions and build cabins on it, there will be mutiny in the highest degree! :****:

JUST KIDDIN

JAB- Sorry for the delay, I was browse reading through too quick.

I combined Mountainside with a couple other commercial ventures in Alabama. State Farm had always been the cheapest because of the history I have with them, but the coverage is very minimum.

BB&T / Travelers carried the workers comp and general liability during the build stages of the park, but did not offer motor sports coverage. Grange Mutual gave a decent quote up front but had very strict demands for what they considered track safety. Some of the ATV type parks have used a Motorsports speciality insurance writer, but they were over 20k year. We have even tried to use local mom and pop type insurance writers with no success.

By all means send me and the other parks what ever info you have. I will gladly put it in my peoples hands.
[size=10pt][/size]

TBLtoy- Come on, what you got against a bunny hugging / tree lover sitting quietly in his cabin giving you a thumbs up as you came ripping by him on the rocks at 6am[size=10pt][size=10pt][/size][/size]

NO CABIN NATURE PARK. I built it as an off-road park, I would rather it stay that way, but even bigger[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][/size][/size][/size].

Bob I still don't hear a fat lady singing, not even Mark's wife (u said it Mark I didn't!!!) :woot:

Hang in there and don't hesitate to ask for help. The park is awesome and we don't want it to end up with the same faith as Tellico! thumb.gif

See ya @ the ride! :eat: :popcorn:

HELL NO , first we lost Tellico, then RIVER ROCK,then maybe GRAY ROCK for a year, and now MSORP ,..... WHAT THE HELL.

This trend has GOT to stop before we are OUT of places to wheel people :****:

DAMN

rock yuppie said:
JAB- Sorry for the delay, I was browse reading through too quick.

I combined Mountainside with a couple other commercial ventures in Alabama. State Farm had always been the cheapest because of the history I have with them, but the coverage is very minimum.

BB&T / Travelers carried the workers comp and general liability during the build stages of the park, but did not offer motor sports coverage. Grange Mutual gave a decent quote up front but had very strict demands for what they considered track safety. Some of the ATV type parks have used a Motorsports speciality insurance writer, but they were over 20k year. We have even tried to use local mom and pop type insurance writers with no success.

By all means send me and the other parks what ever info you have. I will gladly put it in my peoples hands.
[size=10pt][/size]

I will PM you some info today on where you can go. it may come as a surprise to most here but unfortunately the $20k is not really out of range.

J.A.B said:
I will PM you some info today on where you can go. it may come as a surprise to most here but unfortunately the $20k is not really out of range.
thanks jab im very convident bob is doing everything in his power to make something happen so maybe everything will work itself out :dblthumb:

20k !!! dam thats alot of money! not counting land tax, water bill, construction cost etc. Next time i hear somone whining about 20 bucks or so to get in a place, im goin to kick them in the nuts!